Sr. Production Executive
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
Lionsgate is currently seeking a Jr. Executive, Production. This role encompasses supporting senior executives on all projects, from inception to release.
• Reading numerous scripts a week for production and development consideration
• Evaluating material and making recommendations to senior management team based on concept and attachments
• Self-generating material via tracking, relationships and IP searches
• Developing and maintaining relationships with agents, producers and filmmakers
• Tracking competitive projects
• Generating cast, writer, director, and producer lists throughout the development process
• Providing notes and feedback on project drafts and cuts
• Maintaining communication with filmmakers during all phases of the production process as support for Senior Exec
Qualifications & Skills
• Candidate must have prior experience in development at a studio or production company
• Ability to generate creative ideas for projects
• Must be diligent, punctual, proactive, strong in writing coverage and pitching material and extremely detail-oriented with maintaining script and other available material
• Must be able to make recommendations about material and talent based on a sophisticated sense of the marketplace
• Self-starter who proactively seeks ways of developing his/her/their own skills, while taking direction, support and feedback from senior executives
• Proven track record and passion for seeking and/or acquiring content from a diverse group of storytellers
• Maintains the strictest levels of confidentiality and discretion around all activity, in particular in relation to ideas and concepts generated by the team
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel
Nice to Haves
• Experience developing content for diverse and underrepresented audiences and advocating for greater inclusivity in projects
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the U.S. market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.