Manager, Data Strategy, Products & Platforms
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
Reporting into the EVP of Data Strategy and Innovation, this role is an opportunity to modernize workplace processes, systems and policies in partnership with executive leadership and human resources inside the industry’s largest independent motion picture studio. It is located inside a growing department of critical thinkers, strategists, researchers, analysts, innovators and engineers who are solving some of the studio’s biggest challenges. As a critical leader within the Motion Picture Group Strategy vertical, the SVP of Workplace Innovation will have a chance to drive real change and real-world impact at a time of unprecedented industry transformation. If you are someone who believes in agile workflows, technology transformations and being a “best place to work” for employees and artists, this is the role for you.
• Conducts change impact and readiness assessments to identify key changes or gaps that will impact the organization
• Leads a high performing Agile coaching team that coaches executives and staff on Agile practices, techniques, and frameworks such as Scrum, XP and Kanban to reduce the gap between theory and practice. Acts as a trusted advisor to guide teams through Agile transformation including the adoption, implementation and sustainability of these processes, principles and practices
• Advises the Executive team on people operations strategies, best practices and methodologies. Supports continuous improvement initiatives that results in better workplace culture, speed and business value. Generates new ideas, supports change, encourages innovation and helps to creatively solve problems. Fosters long-term culture shifts that are realized through a portfolio of change initiatives over time
• Establishes success measures and incentives that promote, reinforce and sustain change over time. Articulates clear roles and responsibilities for change and drives accountability at all levels. Designs a suite of operational and performance metrics at the task, project and strategic level
• Leverages collaboration tools and embedded groups to drive the change forward. Steers workplace tool strategies, needs assessments and setup
• Partners with HR and executive leadership team to design and implement ongoing education and development initiatives, skills trainings and custom programs (such as reverse mentorships). Designs strategy, builds materials and produces events that maximize staff time and outcomes
• Develops and executes strategies to attract, develop, engage and retain top talent. Develops support networks (e.g. Change Agent Network, Super User Network, etc.) to identify and activate potential future leaders. Fosters an environment of mutual respect, trust, collaboration, transparency, autonomy, innovation and quality across all staff
• Drives change with an inclusion-first mindset, being intentional to bring a diversity of voices and perspectives into the conversation before making decisions and thoughtful about the impact of systems and processes on underrepresented employees
Qualifications & Skills
• 7 years’ experience in leading or supporting change management initiatives and/or agile transformations for with significant experience in the creation of agile methodologies and accountability metrics, scrum management and scaling of agile practices on project and portfolio level
• Exceptional people management skills – ability to quickly establish and maintain trust, credibility and confidence with a diverse staff (of varying levels, functions and perspectives).
• Excellent coaching and problem-solving abilities – highly attuned/active listening, root cause identification and ability to effectively translate feedback and steer above-the-line thinking while remaining empathetic to natural fear/resistance to change.
• Growth mindset – ability to map complex processes, build out a vision and case for change, design test pilots and continuously improve/iterate
• Operational approach – understanding of and experience with real-world challenges and scenarios (vs lab environment)
• Measurement driven – commitment to scientific methods and metrics…matched with a practical operating approach of “good & fast beats perfect & forever”
Nice to Haves
• Professional certifications or equivalent educational experience in change management, design thinking and agile/scrum principles
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate’s motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster’s Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate’s Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the U.S. market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, 11 holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Reimbursement – Rideshare Program and Tuition (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.