Director, Corporate Strategy & Business Development
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
The primary focus of this position is to ensure residuals are setup and paid in compliance with applicable guild agreements.
• Responsibilities for this position include interpreting union agreements, collecting documentation for residual setup purposes, confirming receipt and accuracy of SAG and IATSE proration calculations, preparing residual estimates, and processing residual quarterly reporting.
• Position may also assist with audit, special projects and ad-hoc analysis, as assigned. Duties may include gathering supporting documentation, reviewing contracts and accounting records, and conducting various analyses, as required.
• The Financial Analyst will work closely with the production, business affairs, legal, and accounting departments, so it is important that the candidate can communicate effectively with employees at all levels within the company.
Qualifications & Skills
• BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting.
• Advanced level of Microsoft Excel.
• Attentive to detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Above average organization skills with the ability to multi-task and meet strict contractual deadlines.
• Ability to work pro-actively and autonomously in the role, but also as a team player within the residuals group.
• Intermediate knowledge of union agreements (i.e. SAG, WGA, DGA, AFM, IATSE).
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in residuals.
• Ability to analyze and interpret production and distribution contracts for residual liability.
Nice to Haves
• SAP B/W experience is a plus.
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.