Financial Analyst, Contract Compliance & Third Party Audit
Summary of Position
Lionsgate has an immediate opening for a Financial Analyst, in our Contract Compliance & Third Party Audit department. Prospective applicants will be exposed to contract compliance, contract interpretation, general accounting practices, and the procedures involving entertainment industry compliance examinations of Lionsgate's distribution of films and television series brought by Producers, Directors, and Talent. Applicants will gain a comprehensive look into various aspects of the entertainment industry such as Theatrical, TV, Merchandising, Games, Digital streaming (AVOD, SVOD, PVOD), content distribution platforms apps (OTT, Mobile, Web, etc.), Theme Parks, Music, and other developing technologies and initiatives such as NFT distribution that are leading the way in a rapidly evolving and dynamic future.
• Perform audit project fieldwork task and activities, such as gathering high volume of data from various systems, costs support, retrieving licenses, and other related activities
• Reviewing and responding to audit requests
• Validate claim schedules and other reports for accuracy
• Provide research and analytical support in responding to film audits
• Work closely with other groups within departments (e.g., Digital Sales, Home Entertainment, TV, Rights Management, Participations, International, Finance, and Legal) on providing sales detail, projections, recoupment status, etc.
• Perform independent analysis of accounting/royalty reports, comparing to actuals
• Prepare revenue and expense reports and schedules for all types of media
• Analyze and reconcile participation statements
• Conduct ad hoc title analysis projects as needed
The Successful Candidate
• Should be highly organized, self-motivated, and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload, in order to meet deadlines for multiple audit projects at various stages of completion
• Is detail oriented, without losing sight of the big picture
• Is a self-starter, takes initiative with an entrepreneurial approach to taking on new challenges as they arise.
• Must demonstrate flexibility with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment with good interpersonal skills
• Has but is not required, SAP G/L, SAP business warehouse or comparable accounting system experience
• Must be able to write clearly and informatively with a strong ability to read and interpret written information and analyze financial reports and legal documents
• Has strong Excel and analytical skills, as well as a basic proficiency with MS Office (Word, Outlook, etc.)
• Has 2-3 years of experience in accounting, finance, entertainment or a related field
• A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business Administration is required
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqojm1-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.