Manager, Legal Affairs, Delivery Services & Credits
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
Supporting Production Labor Relations executives in all facets of original programming. Areas of focus will include administration and in-depth knowledge of SAG, WGA, DGA, IATSE, Teamsters and Basic Crafts agreements for Broadcast, Basic Cable, Pay TV and New Media for both domestic and international productions. Will provide advice to production, finance, legal, business affairs, marketing, PR and Distribution units of Starz/Lionsgate, as well as to personnel from individual productions.
• Handle grievances from union personnel
• Supervise/execute signatory process
• Advise production, finance, business and legal affairs and other company executives on the application of collective bargain agreements, devising and recommending problem solving solutions
• Serve as liaison and point of contact with unions
• Develop and maintain constructive relationships with union representatives while advocating for the company
• Participate in multi-employer negotiations
• Prepare summaries of changes to collective bargaining agreements for distribution to company executives and production personnel
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• Minimum 8 years' experience in entertainment labor relations
• Ability to work in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
Nice to Haves
• Experience at Majors studio labor relations department
• Experience in New Media, Pay TV and Broadcast production
• JD from an accredited law school
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to summarize complex issues in simple language
• Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with U.S. audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.