Content Acquisition Manager - Film
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
Reporting to SVP, Head of Workplace Innovation, as a Director, Transformational Programs you will focus on modernizing workplace processes and systems to enable teams across the Motion Picture Group. You will work alongside key Executives and Leaders to identify, evaluate, and implement initiatives that streamline processes and information flow, support the rollout of workplace systems and tools, and establish working best practices.
This role will work alongside a growing department of critical thinkers, strategists, innovators and people engineers who are solving some of the studio's biggest challenges. It is an opportunity to deliver tangible value inside the industry's largest independent motion picture studio.
As a valued member of the team, you will have a chance to contribute in driving real change at a time of unprecedented industry transformation.
• Lead key transformation projects and provide dedicated support by facilitating business case, timeline development, managing progress to milestones, and refining benefits assumptions as necessary. Supports continuous improvement initiatives that results in better workplace culture, speed and business value.
• Establishes success measures and incentives that promote, reinforce and sustain change over time. Articulates clear roles and responsibilities for change and drives accountability at all levels. Designs a suite of operational and performance metrics at the task, project and strategic level.
• Collaborates with business leaders and executive team to develop the end-to-end approach and evaluation of transformation programs.
• Analyzes and provides recommendations to achieve operational effectiveness and expected benefits capture.
• Assesses and measures ongoing impact and evaluates changes to key assumptions / planned impact.
• Coordinate and oversee the reporting on the status of programs / projects (i.e. issues, risks, schedule and cost), the performance of the overall transformation portfolio, and the management of available project delivery resources.
• Oversee all aspects of project planning efforts and team-including requirements gathering, scheduling, work planning, communications, issue resolution, cost tracking, financial reporting and change management.
• Articulates clear roles and responsibilities for change and drives accountability at all levels.
• Designs a suite of operational and performance metrics at the project/program level.
Organizational Change Management
• Develop and execute a comprehensive, integrated change management strategy related to all Transformation initiatives – internal and external to MPG.
• Develop a stakeholder engagement strategy that provides guidance and coaching on issues related to culture, behavior, change management, change leadership and all organization development activities to support business strategy and change initiatives.
• Conducts change impact and readiness assessments to identify key changes or gaps that will impact the organization.
• Establishes success measures and incentives that promote, reinforce and sustain change over time.
• Develops support networks (e.g. Change Agent Network, Super User Network, etc.) to identify and activate potential future leaders while reinforcing changes across the organization.
• Drives change with an inclusion-first mindset, being intentional to bring a diversity of voices and perspectives into the conversation before making decisions and thoughtful about the impact of systems and processes on underrepresented employees.
• Leverages collaboration tools and embedded groups to drive the change forward.
Qualifications & Skills
• 5-7 years' experience in leading or supporting change management initiatives and/or agile transformations
• 5+ years' experience in project and program management and accountability metrics
• Ability to work collaboratively across functions and with all levels of the organization, including executive leadership
• Growth mindset – ability to map complex processes, build out a vision and case for change, design test pilots and continuously improve/iterate
• Operational approach – understanding of and experience with real-world challenges and scenarios (vs lab environment)
• Measurement driven – commitment to scientific methods and metrics…matched with a practical operating approach of ''good & fast beats perfect & forever''
• 2+ years management experience
• Must be highly motivated with the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-pasted environment
Nice to Haves
• Professional certifications or equivalent educational experience in organizational change management, project management, design thinking and agile/scrum principles
• You are naturally interested in change and innovation
• Experience in film or television is a strong bonus, but equivalent skills from software or hardware technology or engineering is also helpful
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the US market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpmnbo-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.