Coordinator, Global Paid Media & Analytics
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
The Research Director will play a critical role in how Motion Picture Group executives interpret and use data to make decisions in how LIONSGATE's movies are made, marketed and distributed.
This role will work alongside a growing department of critical thinkers, strategists, researchers, analysts, innovators and engineers who are solving some of the studio's biggest challenges.
It is an opportunity to deliver tangible value inside the industry's largest independent motion picture studio.
Your work will be viewed by business executives and strategists; directors, actors and producers; and creatives in marketing, movie development and production. And as a valued member of the team, you will have a chance to contribute in driving real change at a time of unprecedented industry transformation.
If you are someone who is looking to make a true impact and see your recommendations become reality, this is the role for you.
• Manage all aspects of research planning and delivery, from needs assessments, project briefs, vendor and methodology selections, study design and execution
• Oversee a variety of research techniques, spanning quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods to define, measure and describe potential motion picture audiences for each IP – and how to best reach/engage/activate those audiences in accordance with studio goals
• Partner with studio business and creative teams to identify key strategic and tactical questions that can be addressed via research
• Cultivate a spirit of collaboration and trust in measurement methods and the research team across the broader Motion Picture Group
• Ensure vendors remain on time, on budget and meet each project's specific requirements
• Interpret research findings, translate into insights, merge with any relevant analytical data and turn into a set of clear, actionable recommendations
• Draft compelling and visually engaging reports that are easy for non-technical audiences to comprehend
• Stay abreast of new methods, trends and best practices in research (particularly in the entertainment industry)
• Participate in ad hoc studio projects and initiatives that advance intelligence, development measurement frameworks and enhance business and creative strategies
Qualifications & Skills
• 5+ years of experience in research (preferably for a media, entertainment or consumer packaged goods company or a research agency supporting the same) or 2+ years of research experience with 3+ years of project management, strategy, or analytics/BI intelligence work to supplement
• Bachelor's degree required, with a concentration in consumer behavior, marketing research, behavioral marketing, consumer insights or consumer psychology
• Experience working with both qualitative and quantitative research methods, along with a strong drive to learn, understand and uncover reasons for consumer behavior
• Stellar business communication skills required, with an ability to actively listen and ask questions to unpack meaning from and further understanding of business users, articulate complex concepts in a clear way, offer constructive feedback and distill meaning
• Exceptional project management skills, organizational abilities, problem solving proficiencies and attention to detail
• Strong familiarity with and comfort working in PowerPoint, Google Slides and/or Keynote to tell a meaningful research story to executives of all levels
Nice to Haves
• Master's degree with concentration in consumer behavior, marketing research, behavioral marketing, consumer insights or consumer psychology
• Experience in media or entertainment work environments
• An interest in movies or entertainment is a plus
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the U.S. market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.