Director, Inclusive Marketing & Business Strategy
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position:
Lionsgate is seeking a full-time Director department to help drive paid media strategy and execute advertising campaigns in our Marketing department.
As Media Director, you’ll lead day-to-day development of media planning and activation for films through their entire lifecycle (Theatrical/PVOD through Home Entertainment) including Digital/Social, National/Local Television (Broadcast, Cable, Hispanic, etc.), Radio and Outdoor media. Reports to SVP of Media and will manage a team of direct reports and coordinate with internal stakeholders, executives and agency partners.
The ideal candidate will be a proven ‘self-starter’ who is comfortable managing a high volume of campaigns, tight deadlines and a fast-paced environment. A foundation in digital advertising and traditional media is required and an interest in new and emerging media and ad tech/data platforms. Positivity, innate curiosity and a calm, steady outlook in the face of change are desired.
• Oversee the development of end-to-end media strategy and plans, working with SVP of Media and collaboratively with internal marketing disciplines to align media campaign strategies and efforts with larger marketing campaign
• Work with media agencies to ensure flawless planning and execution; push team to elevate work and thinking
• Track, analyze, and report data from campaigns weekly and uncover insights to refine and optimize both the media plan/strategy and inform creative
• Collaborate with internal teams to create custom measurement and performance reports focusing on key metrics that drive the business
• Uphold all-encompassing media budgets in addition to various upfront and partner commitments
• Effectively manage your team, ad agencies, internal technology and analytics teams, and other media partners to help maximize ROI on marketing campaigns
Experience & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) required
• 6+ years of experience in media planning, buying, and executing across multiple platforms including TV, Digital, Paid Social, Paid Search, Radio, and Outdoor (preferably entertainment industry experience)
• Several years of hands-on management experience required
• Ability to combine creative and analytical mindsets to build effective media campaigns
• Be able to translate data – performance, competitive, consumer and industry insights – into action
• Up-to-date knowledge of publishers, content creators, media technologies, research companies and other vendors which we could partner with
• Experience in biddable media platforms and familiarity with DMPs, first-party data management, ad tech and analytical tools
• Strong written and presentation skills as well as ability to think strategically, creatively, analytically, and tactically in high demand, fast paced environment
• Able to work independently and have excellent time management skills
• Problem solver with the ability to develop creative solutions
• Organized, and detail-oriented with strong attention to follow-through
• Nimble and flexible to succeed in a fast-paced environment and handle ad hoc requests
• Strong team player, with open-minded and inclusive attitude
• Results driven with an excellent accuracy and attention to detail
• Passionate about traditional and digital media as well as movie marketing
• Ability to communicate effectively with media, marketing, ad tech, and senior executives
• Excellence in performing and application of media math and analytical capabilities
• Ability to learn quickly and work well under pressure, prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment and follow department protocol
• Excellence in MS Office required, specifically experience in creating detailed spreadsheets using Excel as well as developing PowerPoint presentations
About the Company:
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview:
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate’s motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster’s Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate’s Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the U.S. market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, 11 holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Reimbursement – Rideshare Program and Tuition (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.