Summary of Position
The Director, Global Earned Media & Communications will report to the Senior Vice President, Global Earned Media & Communications as well as work alongside the Senior Vice President, Global Earned Media & Communications to assist in developing and implementing comprehensive publicity campaigns to promote Lionsgate theatrical releases throughout the lifecycle window.
• Act as main studio contact for all talent and talent representatives on all publicity campaigns throughout the lifecycle windows beginning with production through Home Entertainment
• Monitor all talent socials and keep team updated
• Curate talent timelines and initiate key dates memos
• Serve as filmmaker contact back up to SVP
• Evaluate demographics of a diverse film slate with Global Publicity team and strategize messaging points and press pitches for each film
• Senior point of contact for International Distributors on assigned films
• Oversee and manage international press agencies
• Oversee the delivery of assets with Global Marketing Operations and Visual Communications teams
• Pitch campaign activities and press opportunities to talent and assist with executing each confirmed interview by the outlet's deadline
• Work closely with all disciplines and act as talent liaison for each, distributing requests and securing approvals as needed
• Arrange scheduling, travel, grooming, and security for all talent press activities and oversee creation of all talent schedules with Global Earned Media & Communications Talent Coordinator & Publicity Assistant, ensuring all information is accurate and current
• Work closely with Corp Communications team to develop Talking Points and Production Notes as well as help facilitate all talent quote and legal approvals for all written materials including Production Notes
• Provide talent and talent representatives with guidance on publicity strategy and create talking points for press appearances, coaching talent to tailor messaging for each media outlet to maximize campaign value
• Escort talent to all campaign appearances including talk show appearances, press junkets, Premieres, PA Tours, film festivals and conventions, Award Shows, editorial and creative shoots, and set visits. Must proactively anticipate talent needs during all appearances while managing press concepts, occasionally having to intervene and keep talent on message or manage inappropriate press conduct
• Pitch film, talent and film assets to national broadcast shows [entertainment & talk shows] and top tier national print publications, and subsequently negotiate extent of press coverage
• Oversee and guide material and film sentiment reports with the press manager
• Oversee on-set press requests with Unit Publicist and manage all filmmaker, executive and talent approvals
• Source and hire and liaise with Unit Publicists for productions
• Work with Digital Strategy team to help disseminate Social Media Guidelines to talent during production
• Responsible point of contact for all music related initiatives both internal and external
• Assist in maintaining key campaign documents as it pertains to talent, including Pub Strat, Film Bibles, Timelines, Broadcast Calendars, Talent Timelines and Highlights Reports
Qualifications & Skills
• Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in a marketing and/or publicity capacity
• Bachelor's degree in communications or related degree
• Willingness to work overtime and be flexible with hours
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and deal with deadline pressure.
• Strong work ethic
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the US market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbo79k-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.