Summary of Position
Lionsgate has an immediate opening for a Director, Exhibitor Marketing in our Theatrical Marketing department. This position will support the SVP, Global Marketing Operations.
The Global Marketing Operations group oversees the production and distribution of all marketing material worldwide while driving efficiencies across the division. Asset management, workflow optimization and partner engagement are core tenets of the group. As such, Global Marketing Operations touches all aspects of the film marketing process from production to creative to digital to media and beyond.
The ideal candidate will serve as a ''Marketing Ambassador'' with hybrid functions for the Marketing division with one foot in operations and the other in strategy. This person oversees all aspects of exhibitor marketing including managing relationships and campaigns with all of our exhibition partners, namely AMC, Regal, and Cinemark. They will service the day-to-day needs of all exhibitors identifying unique marketing initiatives with key exhibitors from film to film. The candidate will work in concert with other departments to develop and create promotional items and exhibitor focused digital content. This role also manages the logistics of exhibitor marketing execution coordinating placement and installation of materials.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who is eager to learn and is extremely detail-oriented with knowledge of print, a/v and digital marketing deliverables, digital asset management workflows and a love for film and the creative process. Must have the ability to multi-task, be able to analyze data, possess strong time management skills, and have 1-5 years' experience in Marketing/Advertising/Business/Film/TV related fields.
• Manage the overall marketing relationship with all exhibitors, namely, AMC, Regal, and Cinemark (represents roughly 60% of the domestic marketplace) – including building strategy and negotiating national programs that can include visibility on-screen, in lobby and online
• Work with Canadian and Puerto Rican distribution partners to expand stateside in-theater programs to theaters in both territories
• Oversee weekly trailer commitments and reporting; communicating to sales including post-weekend reporting overview
• Responsible for managing all exhibitor marketing/promotional efforts and trailer placement – working closely with Strategy team
• Build strategy and exhibitor partnership framework for national screening programs
• Run point on day-to-day relationship with key vendors, including Vision, TrailMix (Deluxe)
• Interface with Lionsgate internal teams – Distribution, Media, Publicity, Home Ent, International – on strategic partnerships and program roll outs
• Represent studio at NATO events, key manager meetings (AMC, Cinemark, Regal, etc.) and other high-profile industry events (CinemaCon, ShowEast, ShowSouth, ShowCanada, Will Rogers events, Variety Events, Motion Picture Club of NY, NATO Fall Summit, etc.)
• Responsible for managing exhibitor junket participation – working with PR on time slotting, building digital content strategy, developing content, seeding content with partners
• Manage day to day content and material requests with special format partners such as 4DX, ScreenX, MX4D, D-Box, IMAX and Dolby Cinema – including identifying digital opportunities and In-Theatre promotional opportunities
• Coordinate in-theater material distribution and installation, which includes standees, banners, bus shelters and custom displays – encompasses building strategy, coordinating internally with marketing, developing a footprint plan, working with production vendors, developing a freight plan, managing installs, gathering photos/routing to filmmakers
• Oversee the production of print/digital assets (emails, ads, social media graphics, printed inserts) in support of exhibitor marketing and contribute to filmmaker decks
• Work with Billing Coordinators to create POs and process invoices for the department
Qualifications & Skills
• Strong written and verbal communication, organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills
• Detail-oriented, good follow through, ability to multi-task, and work well under tight deadlines
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment while following department protocol
• 1-5 years' experience ideally in Film / TV / Communications / Business / Advertising / Marketing
• Technology savvy
• Strong analytical and mathematical abilities
• Strong understanding of print and a/v finishing and versioning process
• Strong proficiency in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the US market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2kv1-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.