Summary of Position
The Director, Business & Legal Affairs position requires a talented individual who will handle a variety of legal duties in the areas including Consumer Products, Intellectual Property, Games and Interactive Ventures, and Live & Location Based Entertainment.
• Negotiate, draft, and revise a variety of agreements in connection with ancillary rights exploitations and intellectual property, including license agreements for consumer products, NFTs, games and interactive ventures, live & location based entertainment exploitations, vendor and developer agreements, and other related agreements, as well as coordinate with other internal departments to ensure best practices.
• Conduct legal review of creative materials and related marketing materials.
• Review motion picture and television agreements to analyze and summarize ancillary rights.
• Facilitate the management of the trademark and copyright portfolios the studio (including subsidiary companies).
• Conduct preliminary domestic and international trademark and/or title clearance searches.
• Research legal issues, including guild and union rules.
• Assist with technology, privacy and promotional matters and initiatives.
Qualifications & Skills
• JD degree and admitted to practice law in the State of California.
• A minimum of 4 years legal practice in merchandising/consumer products or marketing at a motion picture or television company or a major entertainment law firm.
• A strong background in intellectual property matters.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with other attorneys and the company's business personnel.
• Outstanding analytical, consulting, drafting, and negotiation skills with the ability to make well-reasoned legal judgments.
• Ability to deal tactfully and confidently with a variety of personal styles across a large number of diverse internal and external groups.
Nice to Haves
• Experience in video game licensing or location based entertainment licensing is a plus.
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvokxm-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.