Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
As a Data Scientist at Lionsgate your role is to follow the data. Prepare, analyze, visualize, and model theatrical, home entertainment, TV and OTT related data. You will build and implement machine learning models, dashboards and reports to make timely decisions.
We are looking for a mixture between a statistician and engineer, someone who has passion for data and improving the insights for our business teams. The ideal candidate will have a background in data acquisition, data cleanup, statistical modeling, and data visualizations.
• Knowledge of statistical programming language, like R or Python
• Knowledge of database querying language like SQL
• A basic understanding of statistics
• Be familiar with statistical tests, distributions, maximum likelihood estimators, etc
• Machine learning methods like k-nearest neighbors, random forests, ensemble methods
• Basic multivariable calculus or linear algebra equations
• Analyzing and organizing messy and difficult to work with data into Visualization & Communications
• Visualizing and communicating data with tools like Tableau, Power BI and MS power View Software Engineering data ETL and architecture skills a plus
• Thinking like a Data Scientist, be ready to support, articulate, and thoroughly describe your findings
• Developing dashboards showing KPIs, trends, cluster, and model results
• Designing database tables and indexes a plus
Qualifications & Skills
• M.S. in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Econometrics or Mathematics
• Expertise in machine learning and statistical modeling
• 1+ years professional or research experience in data science
• Passion to answer questions with data
• Must be able to work independently when needed, but have a good team player
• Must work well and iteratively with business teams
• Entertainment experience a plus but not a must have
• Big Data ''Hadoop'' experience a plus but not a must have
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb77wo-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.