Contractor - Business & Legal Affairs (Maternity Leave Cover)
Summary of Position
Lionsgate is seeking an experienced Business and Legal Affairs consultant to provide maternity cover for an EVP-level executive in our Business & Legal Affairs division.
• Draft and negotiate a wide range of agreements, including those related to production, marketing, merchandising, global live and location-based entertainment (including theme parks and live stage), interactive ventures, video games and virtual reality, consumer products, print publications, and other rights acquisitions and distributions
• Conduct legal review of all creative and marketing materials related to ancillary exploitations
• Conduct chain of title/rights review in order to analyze and advise on agreements related to motion picture, television, and other exploitations (e.g., rights agreements, above and below the line agreements, etc.)
• Manage the studio's IP portfolio in-house while liaising with outside counsel
• Provide guidance on a variety of related legal issues, including guild and union rules and their application to ancillary rights, copyright and trademark maintenance and enforcement issues, legal positions related to ancillary rights exploitations, and other developments in related areas
• Coordinating with all different departments (e.g., Motion Picture, Television, Tax, Finance/Participations, all other Legal groups, Marketing, etc.) with regard to ancillary rights exploitations
Qualifications and Skills
• 10+ years of contracts experience in ancillary exploitations (i.e., consumer products, video games, location-based entertainment, etc.)
• Experience working at or on behalf of (e.g., outside counsel) on the licensor side (not the developer or licensee side)
• Adaptability and ability to interact with employees at various levels across the organization is a must
• Ability to draft agreements based on pre-existing templates, creating new ones when necessary
Nice to Haves
• Experience with location-based entertainment transactions.
• Guild and union experience working on licensing rights for live action films, and the related guild and union issues.
• Experience with intellectual property
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn0n91-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.