Summary of Position
Lionsgate is currently seeking a Contract Administrator, Business & Legal Administration to report to the SVP, Business Affairs & Labor Relations, in the Television Group.
• Register new productions with SAG, DGA, & other unions
• Draft, execute and distribute Episodic Writer & Director Agreements, and back-up scripts for development projects
• Generate and execute DGA Deal Memos for UPMs & Pilot Directors
• Generate and approve payment schedules and authorize payments for all Writers, Producers, Overall Deals, and Casting Directors
• Register copyrights for finished episodes (scripted and unscripted) and pilot scripts for LG-owned shows
• Draft and compile Chain of Title docs & record with copyright office
• Legal maintenance of domain registrations and social media accounts
• Calculate and track rights options, talent options, network options, writer options, payment schedule end dates, leases etc. for all scripted shows in development and production
• Orientation of Production Accountants on ATL payroll procedures & Training of Business Affairs Assistants on contracts administration procedures
• Orientation of Script Coordinators regarding script status reports and other procedures
• Manage WGA matters such as, weekly work lists, submission of deal info for non-members, generation and sending of Notices of Tentative Writing credits for each episode, and credit arbitrations
• Act as liaison between business affairs, accounting, and talent representatives to ensure writers, directors, producers etc. are properly paid
• Minor administrative support for the team including electronic filing, scheduling meetings, processing occasional expenses, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
• 4-5 years of experience working for a law firm or studio legal/business affairs department
• Must have Paralegal Certificate or JD
• Must have significant experience drafting and reviewing contracts
• Must be able to independently handle multiple responsibilities and projects at once
• Must possess strong communication and organizational skills, along with precise attention to detail
• Must be comfortable calculating complex payments
• Must have experience with Word, Excel, and Outlook
Nice to Haves
• Experience working in television production
Business Unit Overview
Lionsgate Television is one of the foremost third-party suppliers of premium scripted series to streaming, broadcast and cable platforms alike while also serving as a prolific supplier of premium content to Starz. Drawing upon its production partnerships with many of the top content creators, it supplies dozens of scripted series to more than 20 different network partners. With a reputation for creating ''brand-defining'' shows for a diverse range of platforms, Lionsgate Television has produced and distributed the iconic long-running series Mad Men, one of the most acclaimed shows in television history, the ground-breaking Orange is the New Black, Weeds, Nurse Jackie, Nashville, Dear White People and many others while continuing to develop strong slates of acclaimed new series. Lionsgate also operates a robust in-house unscripted television business partnering with a diverse array of linear and streaming platforms. Lionsgate television series have garnered 238 Emmy® nominations, 38 Emmys®, 66 Golden Globe® nominations and nine Golden Globe® wins.
The Lionsgate Television Group collaborates closely with the Company's other television businesses, including Debmar-Mercury, a leading producer and syndicator of evergreen game and talk shows, Pilgrim Media, one of the top producers of unscripted series, and 3 Arts Entertainment, a leading talent management and production company that has become a major television production partner and a source of top talent for all of the Company's businesses. The Lionsgate Worldwide Television Distribution Group licenses the Company's feature film and television slates, 17,000-title film and television library, one of the largest in the world, and Starz's original programming slate to nearly every major OTT and linear platform through a global network of deep customer relationships.
$70,000 - $75,000
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp79p0-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.