Marketing Analytics Manager
New York, NY
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Creative Marketing is more than just a team of specialist creatives. We are a quirky, diverse collective of tattooed collaborators and boundary-breakers. Known for pushing the limits of brave storytelling, we strive to develop fresh, distinctive ideas and award-winning campaigns that inspire loyalty and love for A&E, HISTORY and Lifetime. You see a twisted challenge in joining our creative rant sessions while maintaining your own point of view, and you aren't shy about sharing your more ''out there'' ideas that will bring in new audiences.
The Director, Owned Media acts as the subject matter expert for the networks and resides within the Consumer Marketing & Media team. The core responsibility will be to develop and manage owned (on-air/VOD) media strategy for the LIFETIME and LMN brands. This person will report to the VP, Consumer Marketing & Media.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Director, Owned Media Job Description:
Alignment & Planning
• Partner with Scheduling to understand prime scheduling strategy, updating promotional weight as needed and identifying opportunities for larger stunts and audience initiatives
• Responsible for the development of the linear owned media marketing strategy, including prioritization of shows using available audience and performance data
• Oversee monthly VOD schedules, targeting promotions for both brands
• Recommend allocation of on-air and cross-channel inventory on a quarterly basis, including flighting, promotional weight, reach and frequency by campaign
• Partner with VP, Consumer Experience to ensure integration & synergy of on-air promos and secondary elements
• Communicate support strategy for all known upcoming priorities to partners (Spotlight Report) on weekly basis
• Present quarterly strategy plans to Lifetime and LMN Programming and Marketing teams
• Work with On-Air Scheduling team to implement owned media plan, troubleshooting in the event of scheduling changes, priority shifts or creative refresh needs
• Recommend number of creative versions needed and creative rotation based on campaign weight and communication objectives
• Request all necessary assets from creative team and manage delivery timelines.
Oversee all assets in Airtable.
• Create premiere night planners / clocks for major shows in prime.
• Work closely with Paid Media Director and external agencies to share on-air plans for campaigns receiving paid support for purposes of optimization. Regularly meet with Paid Media Director to assess all campaign levels.
• Collaborate with Digital team on owned media TVE executions and Press on launch dates and pre on-air exclusives
• Monitor campaign performance in-flight, providing optimization recommendations and pivoting strategy as needed
• Oversee adjustments to quarterly promo planner based on weekly performance
• Review full campaign performance, identify key learnings and share results and implications with internal stakeholders
• Partner with Marketing Analytics to analyze promotional tactics and post campaign data to guide future key planning parameters.
• Possess a keen understanding of network Reach, Frequency and Length of Tune.
• Work as in-house Owned Media strategy expert
• Co-manage Specialist with Consumer Marketing/Paid Media counterpart
• Oversee development and maintenance of organizational documents including on-air creative requests, quarterly plans, etc.
• Assess potential barter opportunities
• Serve as CMM lead for RSG C360 enhancements and system management
• Serve as CMM lead in weekly WIP meetings
• Partner with Planning counterparts on A&E and History to create consistency across all brands
• BA/BS Degree
• 7-10 years experience managing Owned Media within an Entertainment company
• Deep knowledge of entertainment landscape, including competitive set and non-linear platforms
• Solid understanding of Reach and Frequency, GRP's, Duplication and standard planning metrics
• Experience working in On-Air Optimization systems such as GRiPit or RSG
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills needed and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Self-starter, driven to seek out new opportunities and develop ideas without direct oversight
• Detailed-oriented and extremely organized
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build cross departmental collaboration
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Established Presentation Skills with ability to lead in strategy related meetings
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.