KY3 and KSPR are part of a seven-station group in Springfield, MO. KY3 is one of the most dominant NBC affiliates in the country, while KSPR is an up-and-coming ABC station. KYCW, the high-rated CW station, also broadcasts from the same studio, and the combined newsrooms produce newscasts for all three stations. KY3/KSPR covers 31 counties in southwest Missouri and northwest Arkansas and has four news gathering bureaus stationed throughout the DMA. KY3 and KSPR are known for their regional and national award winning local news, weather and sports coverage, large-scale and numerous community service projects, and effective broadcast and digital marketing solutions. We are proud of our close connections with the communities we serve in the Ozarks.
Responsible for master control operation; transmitter remote control; video control; satellite reception control. Monitor all on-air content. Responsible for teleprompting newscasts, checking studio lights, coding newscasts for Overdrive, operating Cambotics, Logitech, and a basic knowledge of video switchers is must.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Operate the master control automation.
• Oversee changing batteries in the wireless mics, IFBs and setting up anchor/reporter positions.
• Code Scripts through ENPS
• Anticipate/prepare for breaking news.
• Monitor multiple program streams to ensure correct programming and commercial run times, record any discrepancies
• Prepare the electronic playlist that facilitates program streams
• Ingest commercials, programming, and other material into automation system for broadcast - input and trim spots
• Operate Ross Cambotics.
• Operate Ross Overdrive and must have a basic knowledge of video switchers.
• Operate Logitech audio
• Help change studio lights and operate a light board . . . setup studio for broadcast.
• Operate Prompter for newscast
• Tune in live shots for news
• Coordinate satellite feeds
• React quickly and appropriately to any issues with equipment and breaking news
• Communicate any issues with detail, communicate with producers before live newscast on unusual changes.
• Interact with other departments to obtain missing broadcast material, clarify instructions, and/or resolve technical issues
• Work weekend and weekday shifts
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
• Basic knowledge of TV video production
• Video tape experience - must be familiar with multiple tape and tapeless formats
• General knowledge of TV broadcasting
• Working knowledge with Crispin Video Server
• Working knowledge of Ross Overdrive and Cambotics
• Basic knowledge of ENPS
• Ability to follow written and verbal directions, able to communicate clearly
• Must be able to operate analog and digital broadcast equipment, software, broadcast video tape recorders, video servers, audio/video routers, audio and video control consoles, satellite receivers, and television transmitters
• Proficient use of computers including Microsoft Office and Google
• Basic knowledge of station programming schedule
• Ability to stay focused while monitoring signal quality and programming accuracy
• Must be able to handle high stress situations and pressure deadlines
• Able to react quickly to changing circumstances while remaining calm
• Attention to detail is required
• Must have good problem-solving skills
• Leadership skills needed
• Ability to work independently with little supervision, initiative to address issues immediately
• Able to work well with others in the department as well as other departments
• Must be flexible to work any shift including, weekend, overnights and holidays
• Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment
• High School diploma or GED is required
• SBE certification a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8jz6-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.