KY3 and KSPR are part of a seven-station group in Springfield, MO. KY3 is one of the most dominant NBC affiliates in the country, while KSPR is an up-and-coming ABC station. KYCW, the high-rated CW station, also broadcasts from the same studio, and the combined newsrooms produce newscasts for all three stations. KY3/KSPR covers 31 counties in southwest Missouri and northwest Arkansas and has four news gathering bureaus stationed throughout the DMA. KY3 and KSPR are known for their regional and national award winning local news, weather and sports coverage, large-scale and numerous community service projects, and effective broadcast and digital marketing solutions. We are proud of our close connections with the communities we serve in the Ozarks.
The Graphic Artist is responsible for designing graphics, logos and animations for News, Promotions, and Commercial production as well as some Print design. Also responsible for creating multimedia marketing videos for internal and external clients, including the lifestyle program ''The Place''. Position will shoot and edit video. Works with Marketing Director to oversee the station's visual brand as well as create graphics, animations for image and special report promotion.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with Marketing Director and News Director to create and maintain the visual brand identity of KY3/KSPR/KYCW.
• Design and implement graphics for multimedia and print applications
• Utilize existing graphic templates to create new elements
• Edit video for broadcast, web, and social media video projects
• Serve as videographer and photographer on location shoots
• Write multimedia promotion and advertising scripts
• Develop station image promotion
• Work with News Department to craft TSR promotion
• Complete daily traffic logs
• Manage assigned network swap programs – CW, ABC & NBC
• Assist in planning and staffing station events
• Responsible for handling multiple projects and assignments with targeted deadlines
• Experience creating graphics and video effects with Adobe Suite
• Experience using 3D Studio Max and/or Maxon Cinema 4D helpful
• Proficient videography and lighting skills
• Advanced video editing skills
• Knowledge of social media marketing techniques and analytics
• Copywriting skills helpful
• Knowledge of media placement and Wide Orbit software helpful
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and some weekends
• Ability to collaborate and brainstorm with a team as well as work independently with little supervision
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects
• Work well with staff and clients
• Must be able to represent station publicly in a positive, professional manner
• Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Communications or related field or equivalent work experience preferred
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpj96e-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.