- Full Time
Job DescriptionAbout KYOU:
KYOU-TV is the FOX, NBC, The CW, Circle, and Grit affiliated television station for the area of Southeastern Iowa and Northeastern Missouri. KYOU-TV signed on the air more than 30 years ago. The TV station serves more than 9 counties in Iowa and Missouri with more than 37,000 television households. While the main studio is located in Ottumwa, KYOU-TV also staffs a news bureau in Kirksville, MO. KYOU-TV is dedicated to being a part of our communities and sharing the stories of the people we serve. KYOU-TV is owned by Gray Television.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Managing / Supervising media and production efforts of the station.
• Create and manage station brands, cross platform marketing and graphic design
• High comfort level with marketing including social media
• Collaborate with News Director on strategy for image and topical marketing messages
• Participates in planning/implementation of specialty publicity material for special event activities
• Ability to successfully perform in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures
• Work with General Sales Manager to enhance presentations and promotional opportunities
• Keep abreast of media technologies as they apply to on-air promotions and graphics
• Keen eye on industry trends to generate new ideas and opportunities for the station
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead/supervise staff and establish positive work relationships
• Producing compelling daily news topicals and station image campaigns to generate viewer interest
• Oversee scheduling of media & production and promotions teams
• Assist in joint promotional efforts with media partners
• Assist in commercial production
• Assist in the creation of contests/promotions
• Create radio (and cable) spots for outside media during rating periods
• 3+ years of management experience
• 4-year degree or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Candidate should have a strong writing background as well as a solid knowledge of lighting and a creative eye for shooting video and composing images and promotion campaigns
• Must have a working knowledge of contest rules
• Integrity, creativity, passion, compassion, positive energy, active listener, engaging personality
• Broad-Based knowledge of marketing and related standards, the media environment, and audience consumption trends
• Supervise and provide regular feedback, performance appraisals for direct reports
• Exceptional time management skills, can-do attitude, excellent work ethic
• Proven and effective leadership skills; foster open dialogue, empower others, address conflicts quickly and directly
• Avid, Adobe Graphic Suite, and Premiere
• Experience in directing, commercial production and station promotions.
• Strong communication, organizational skills and script writing.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight daily, weekly, monthly and yearly deadlines
• Create and manage department budget
• Understanding of Nielsen, and Comscore ratings and trends
• Highly creative and self-motivated
• Flexible when it comes to scheduling and able to work some evenings, weekends and holidays.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk024-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.