Station Manager, KXXV
KXXV/KRHD, the Scripps ABC stations in Waco, and Bryan, Texas, is searching for a Station Manager to lead local operations.
The Station Manager will report into and collaborate with the Regional VP/GM to oversee local market operations and execute local media strategic initiatives in an assigned station. Oversee department head leaders and manage day-to-day operations of the station while serving as a functional leader in own area of expertise.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Lead and implement the local media strategic plan, including the content & brand strategy, for assigned station.
• Act as co-leader in generating ratings and revenue, including developing strategic plans and operational plans for the station's growth in multi-platform content delivery and revenue generation.
• In partnership with the Regional VP/GM, support development of and ensure responsible financial stewardship to the station operating and capital expense budgets.
• Continue to serve as the leader and subject matter expert for one of the station's functional areas, while overseeing a team of department head leaders of other functional areas.
• Lead a culture consistent with Scripps values, with a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, and developing employees at all levels.
• Responsible for all aspects of financial statements and ensuring station compliance with Scripps policies.
• Enforcing all FCC, EEO, SOX and other appropriate rules and regulations.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent years of experience required.
• Track record of proven leadership success in team effectiveness, audience or revenue growth, and budget management required.
• Generally 5+ years of experience in a senior management position preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Proven ability to cultivate innovation, risk-taking and leading change.
• Is an effective leader that demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for the company's mission.
• Proven ability to prepare and monitor station budgets; maintain compliance with FCC rules and regulations.
• Ability to organize, motivate and supervise staff.
• Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
• Can establish cooperative working relationships both internally and externally.
If you are a current Scripps employee, please do not apply on this site. Please access our internal career site at Worklife > My Info > View Open Positions at Scripps.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d56oy7-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.