KUTV, Utah's #1 news station is seeking a Broadcast Maintenance Engineer in Salt Lake City, Utah. This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting including server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems and broadcast transmission equipment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Install electronic systems and equipment as needed
• Maintain and repair all broadcast electronic equipment including but not limited to: cameras, video switchers, audio mixers, microphones, intercom systems, non-linear editing systems, video servers, satellite and microwave equipment
• Assist operators with proper usage of station equipment
• Maintain station documentation using AutoCAD and Excel.
• Repair, design and build various mechanical apparatus as needed to support the needs of the station
• Other duties as assigned
• Prefer applicant to have a Associates degree or higher in electronics
• Prefer a minimum of 5 years television broadcast engineering experience.
• Must be able to work efficiently with little or no supervision.
• Must be able to work effectively under pressure
• Must have effective communication skills and get along well with co-workers
• Must be able to read, understand and follow electrical and electronic schematic diagrams
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Hold a valid driver's license
• Minimum 40 hours a week. Will work varied shifts and be on call as needed.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxo2m-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.