Digital Content Producer - KTVQ
Digital Content Producer - PT, KTVQ
KTVQ in Billings, Montana is searching for a part-time Digital Content Producer to organize, write scripts and update content on digital platforms with a primary focus on local websites, mobile apps, and social media platforms. The Digital Content Producer will create compelling content that is aligned with and enhances the station's and/or Scripps brand.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Write and edit content including headlines, short news alerts and teases, enhancing content with outside links, maps, slideshows.
• Publish and manage content on multiple digital platforms, including the station's local website, mobile and social networks using current production and web-delivery tools.
• Produce digital video when assigned.
• Assist in online coverage of major news events, breaking news and severe weather to ensure high quality, consistent community coverage online.
• Build out special sections and site features to enhance coverage and increase user engagement.
• Update and interact with fans/followers on social media.
• Anchor/host content for digital platforms as assigned.
• Coordinate with editorial and technical staff to facilitate the migration of multimedia content to new media platforms, including video, audio, still photos and graphics.
• Work with other departments, including sales and marketing, as needed on site and/or station initiatives that require content integration.
• Optimize the user experience by tracking live web metrics and user experience best practices.
• Apply Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices to every piece of content.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• BS/BA in related discipline preferred or equivalent years of experience.
• Generally 3+ years of experience in related field preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Skilled with content management systems, hypertext markup language (HTML), audio editing, image editing, cascading style sheets (CSS) and social networking.
• Must have a strong desire to focus on web-based content.
• Must have basic HTML formatting skills and working knowledge file transfer protocol (FTP)/publishing web content.
• Must be creative, have good people skills and be able to handle deadline pressure and multi-tasking.
• Must have knowledge and experience with still-image photography using digital cameras/handheld video cameras.
• Must have working knowledge of how to use and update social media platforms.
• Must have photo editing skills with ability to manipulate, crop, enhance images as needed for publishing on website.
• Basic video editing skills a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy2zz3-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.