Commercial Producer, KTVQ
Scripps, KTVQ is seeking a Commercial Producer in Billings, MT. Responsible for conceptualizing, writing, shooting, and editing commercials and other promotional video material for local and regional clients.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Conceive, write, edit, and coordinate video and audio elements necessary for the production of commercials for broadcast and digital distribution.
• Shoot video in-studio and on location.
• Produce episodes for our lifestyle program The Big Sky Blend, as well as other recurring promotional broadcast series such as Locally Owned Locally Loved, and Foodie Fridays.
• Assist other Commercial Producers in video production.
• Assist Commercial Production Manager in developing and maintaining relationships with station clients to help continue to grow production revenue.
• Assist Sales Account Executives in promoting production services and delivering videos on time for broadcast schedule.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Bachelors degree in filmmaking, media production or equivalent career experience.
• Enthusiasm for producing high quality video content, a willingness to learn and develop new skills, a sharp aesthetic eye, lots of creativity, and active communication skills.
• A strong work ethic and a passion for making clients happy.
• At least two (2) previous years producing, shooting, editing, and writing experience in professional video production in a full-time capacity.
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications Premiere Pro, AfterEffects, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Expert knowledge of color correction, location audio recording, and audio mixing.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Experience in broadcast media is a big plus.
• FAA drone pilot certification is also a big plus.
• Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
We have hikers, rock climbers, mountain bikers, kayakers, runners, skiers, gamers, hunters, fishing enthusiasts, beekeepers, travelers, boaters, community leaders and every other mixture of diverse backgrounds, passions, and life experiences. We are a community of welcoming, mission-focused, and lively people that continue to grow as we grow our company and rise to our full potential in every aspect of our business.
WHERE YOU'LL LIVE, WORK AND PLAY:
Billings, MT, where outdoor enthusiasts enjoy the big small-town charm and quick access to national parks. Skiing is right outside your door as well as an expansive 47 miles of walking and biking trails that surround the largest city in Montana. There is no better place to hit the trails than in Montana's Trailhead. Billings offers hundreds of acres of city parks. Ride or walk along the legendary Yellowstone River, take in the forever views from Swords Park, or head west to a wilder landscape near Zimmerman Trail. The Magic City lives up to its name with culture and arts including plentiful shopping, theater, restaurants, and famous local brew pubs. The vibrant economy fosters an entrepreneurial spirit and a medical hub that boasts a regional health care center and is home to two universities. Positioned as a gateway to Yellowstone National Park and Wyoming, excursions including the beautiful Big Horn Mountains and more without the big city hassles are abundant. It is no wonder Billings has been voted #24 of the Top 100 Best Places to Live in America, but don't worry it is the humble, independent and caring people that truly make Billings the Magic City to live, work, and play.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb9k26-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.