TECHNICAL MEDIA PRODUCER (P/T) - KTUU
KTUU-TV is an NBC-affiliated television station based in Anchorage, Alaska. KTUU-TV's early beginnings date back to 1953. Over the ensuing decades, the station has built a reputation of excellence as Alaska's most watched news source, producing 32 hours of news and sports content each week on television. Online, AlaskasNewSource.com has become a digital news leader, and Channel 2's mobile News and Weather applications are on the leading edge of mobile journalism in Alaska. Strong reach and brand loyalty are augmented by added distribution.
KTUU - Anchorage, AK - What it's like to work for KTUU
Link - https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/content/misc/What-its-like-to-work-for-KTUU-406566725.html?_ga=2.13789296.694555378.1612226017-281755813.1598908755
KTUU is seeking a partl-time TMP.
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams for KTUU.
• Work with Ross Overdrive automation, production video switcher, master control video switcher, Sundance, Rushworks and Crispin automation, chyron graphics, Adobe Photoshop and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control; including the ability to effectively perform at the following: robotic camera operation, prompter operation, audio operation, commercial/promo ingesting, satellite operation, programingesting/segmenting, and a working knowledge of web production.
• Understanding of FCC program and transmitter logs, and all FCC broadcast regulations.
• Work with ENPS, newsroom computer system.
• Understanding of all equipment in studios and production areas.
• Dedication to care of equipment.
• Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands.
• Training of new personnel as assigned.
• Assist in maintaining clean studios and production areas.
• Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects. Work assignments will at times include
morning, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Other Duties as Assigned
Preferred Skills: Computer literacy in office administrative software; i.e. Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of current KTUU systems a plus.
Required Skills: Great communication and people skills. Newscast directing/Master Control experience or production assistant experience, previous experience with production automation and playout automation software preferred. Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to learn and adapt quickly to all work situations. Professional, communicative, highly self-motivated, detail oriented,
and focused individual traits.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rznw77-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.