Morning MCO / Director - KTTC
MORNING MCO/DIRECTOR (W/DAY) - KTTC
KTTC is a dominant NBC affiliate, serving Rochester, Austin, and Mason City as the #1 station for news, information, and entertainment programming. KTTC strives for leadership, and does this by keeping viewers safe and informed, supporting non-profits and organizations that serve the community, and helping our local businesses grow.
All employees accept personal responsibility for maintaining the professional culture at KTTC. The KTTC leadership team believes in workplaces ''Free of discrimination, harassment, and incivility – and filled with opportunity, especially for those who've been traditionally denied it,'' (a definition adopted by the work and training put forth by the Power Shift Project). If you value kindness and respect as much as we do, please apply.
To learn more about KTTC: https://www.kttc.com/page/living-working-and-playing-in-rochester-minnesota/
KTTC Television is currently looking for a Weekday Morning Master Control Operator/Director. This position has the general responsibility for monitoring station's on-air signals, transmitters, FCC logs, ingesting daily programming and commercials, and directing or operating an audio board during assigned live newscasts or pre-recorded productions. Regular assignments will involve operating equipment in a state-of-the-art master control environment and production control environment. Candidate must have suitable transportation to work, including during inclement weather conditions. The successful candidate will possess strong communication and people skills and an operating knowledge of computers.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Operating Master Control automation and equipment
• Operating Ross Xpression graphics
• Effectively perform operations with Ross Furio robotic camera system, Ross Vision production switcher, prompter, and audio
• Willingness to learn new hardware and software
• Dedication to the care of the equipment
• Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands
• Willingness to grow by taking direction and excel as a team member
• Communicate effectively and efficiently with all members of the team
• Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
• Assist in maintaining a clean studio and production area
• Variable work schedule dependent upon station needs
• Option for four-day work week flex schedule
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines
• Ability to lead and make split second decisions based upon knowledge of directives
• Ability to multi-task and excel under intense deadlines pressure in a rapidly changing environment
• High level of communication skills both written and verbal along with excellent judgment
• Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in Windows based applications
- Experience in television operations preferred but not required
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyy5y0-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.