Tavros Productions, LLC
Los Angeles, CA
KTLA is hiring a skilled Make-up Artist to assist on-air talent and guests look their best through the professional use of cosmetics application.
Artist will utilize basic and complex application techniques, and demonstrate quality work under strict time constraints. Artist must leverage creativity and dexterity, and demonstrate pride of ownership in their work. Must be detail-oriented with an impressive portfolio of media makeup.
• Demonstrate cosmetics knowledge, skills, and technique in the application of makeup for on-air talent.
• Maximize efficient use of provided makeup kits and supplies inventory.
• Facilitate makeup application including complex detail. Assist with makeup removal as necessary.
• Utilize appropriate makeup application principles conducive to production studio conditions, including lighting, sets, and wardrobe.
• Must be a self-starter, and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Precise time management and ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
• Take initiative, be dependable, reliable, responsible in all aspects of work performance.
• Team player. Engage with co-workers in a positive and productive manner.
• Cleanse makeup applicators and tools. Maintain a clean and tidy work environment.
• Proactive communication/collaboration w/Production Mgmt., Stage Managers, Producers.
• Two plus years' experience as makeup artist in media / television.
• Certification from a vocational school in cosmetology, makeup, or equivalent studies.
• Hands-on knowledge of appropriate use of makeup cosmetics and application tools.
• Experience in working with all skin tones and complexions.
• Technical understanding of lighting, videography, and styles a must.
• Working knowledge of health and safety rules, including Covid prevention and
• Clear, concise, and proactive communicator and interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Maintains a positive and professional demeanor with co-workers.
• Knowledge of live entertainment and newscast makeup application is a plus
• Must be a member in good standing with IATSE Union
• Demonstrates composure and timely decision-making in a dynamic work environment
• Experience in prosthetics and special effects is a plus
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kvw1-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.