- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionDirector, KRTV
KRTV & KTGF, the Scripps CBS and NBC station in Great Falls, MT is hiring a Director! The Director works in all areas of television production and is responsible for directing fast-paced, complex newscasts and other local programming, as well as, assisting in completing pre-production for newscasts.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Oversees the set up and operations of equipment including camera, audio, video and lighting. Constructs and dismantles set.
• Ensures smooth operation of technical equipment and services during broadcast.
• Troubleshoots technical problems during production or broadcast.
• Directs assigned newscasts, which include ''switching'' newscasts and other productions, completing the pre-production for all newscasts and checking all sources prior to air.
• Monitors the status of all live shots and content prior to a live newscast.
• Works closely with news department, directors, producers, and promotions to ensure that the desired on-air look is attained with a minimal amount of errors.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree in TV production or related preferred.
• Minimum 1 year experience as a director/technical director.
• Working knowledge of television station production equipment.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Must be familiar with all aspects of television production including audio, switching, digital effects, camera operation and shot composition, lighting, and character generators.
• Good working knowledge of computers.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities under extreme time constraints with poise and skill.
• Solid leadership skills.
• Excellent knowledge of proper composition, grammar and spelling.
• Must have excellent communication skills; ability to give directions in a clear, efficient manner.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Capable of working well with commercial clients while adding a creative look to commercial spots.
• Must be familiar with all aspects of television production, including but not limited to lighting, character generators, and news automation.
• Must be a team player.
• Constant viewing of multiple video and computer monitors.
• Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw5kmy-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.
The E.W. Scripps Company is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets.