Digital Investigative Data Reporter
KRQE News (Albuquerque, NM), a #DigitalFirst operation with a focus on delivering local content on a 24/7 basis across all platforms, is seeking a Graphic Artist and Designer to join the digital team in the news department. This individual will produce original, engaging graphic content for publication on our digital platforms.
• Must know how to create compelling graphics to be a part of entertaining stories.
• Design stand-alone graphics and graphical elements for digital and social media platforms.
• Take direction from, and interact with, the digital and news staff.
• Develops ideas for images to discuss with digital producers and/or digital/news managers to establish priorities or positions.
• Ensures images are included with every news story with goal of matching appropriate graphics with the content/stories of the day.
• Creates graphics/video briefs to be used on social media to draw attention to on-platform content.
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Maintains presence and engages professionally on social media.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Proficient in graphic design.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Superior multi-tasker with an understanding of how news is consumed in the digital environment.
• Digitally proficient and self-educating on new applications and tech.
• Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize assignments.
• Must present professional image as a representative of the station at all times.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Work may be required on weekends and must be flexible to work any shift.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.