KPLC is located in beautiful Lake Charles, Louisiana. Situated along Lake Charles and the Calcasieu River, Lake Charles is known for it's industry, booming economy and culture. Lake Charles is the fifth-largest city in Louisiana. KPLC began broadcasting in the summer of 1954 and is consistently on of the nation's most innovative and most watched television stations, ranking among the top 5 Nielsen rated stations nationally throughout the year.
KPLC-TV has a full-time opening for a Technical Media Producer. Technical Media Producers work in KPLC's state-of-the-art media control center and are responsible for directing both live and pre-recorded productions, as well as processing content for three television stations and sub-channels, transmitters, and FCC logs, as well as ingesting daily programming and commercials. The ideal candidate will work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands. Flexible work schedule is a must.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Work alongside news producers and other newsroom staff to create, code, and direct dynamic, fast-paced, newscasts and programming
- Coordinate live acquisition of reporters and news video utilizing Live U, Live Link and satellite feeds
- Require skill with Ross Overdrive automation, Ross production video switcher, master control video switcher, Crispin master control automation, VizRT graphics, and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control, including the ability to effectively perform at the following: Robotic camera operation, prompter operation, audio operation, program/commercial/promo ingesting/segmenting, and satellite operation
- Understanding of FCC logs and broadcast regulations, work with ENPS, newsroom computer system and other duties as assigned
- Must be creative, extremely detail-oriented and have very strong problem-solving, multi-tasking, and communication skills
- A positive and professional attitude in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high stress environment under deadline pressure
- Able to work well with a team (but be equally comfortable working individually)
- Flexible to work mornings, nights, weekends and changing schedules
- Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Computer literacy is a must
- While previous television experience is preferred, it is not required
- Drug Screening
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1pvmv-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.