- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionIT Engineer - KPLC
Calcasieu River, Lake Charles is known for it's industry, booming economy and culture. Lake Charles is the fifth-largest city in Louisiana. KPLC began broadcasting in the summer of 1954 and is consistently on of the nation's most innovative and most watched television stations, ranking among the top 5 Nielsen rated stations nationally throughout the year.
KPLC/KVHP are looking for an entry-level IT Technician that will assist in the installation and maintenance of computer systems and networks in a television environment. You will also instruct users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure, under the guidance of the IT Team.
A successful candidate will have a basic working knowledge of computer software and hardware, internet applications, and networks. He/she will need good troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
Duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Set up computers and necessary peripheral devices (scanners, printers etc.)
• Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
• Install and configure software.
• Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
• Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
• Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
• Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule requirements
• Excellent communication ability
• Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
• Knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Must be able to work flexible hours and shifts with possible weekend, night, on call and holiday work
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment, and work at heights
- Must be able to think on your feet, work well with others, be a self-starter and a team player
- MVR required
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d82xvk-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.