KPLC is located in beautiful Lake Charles, Louisiana. Situated along Lake Charles and the Calcasieu River, Lake Charles is known for it's industry, booming economy and culture. Lake Charles is the fifth-largest city in Louisiana. KPLC began broadcasting in the summer of 1954 and is consistently on of the nation's most innovative and most watched television stations, ranking among the top 5 Nielsen rated stations nationally throughout the year.
KPLC - Lake Charles, LA - Lake Charles culture, station Legacy
KPLC is currently searching for an Account Executive to work with local businesses and help them generate sales and increase profitability through advertising on our broadcast networks (NBC, CW, BOUNCE), and on KPLC's digital properties. We are looking for an individual who is a self-starter and can thrive in a multiplatform environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Create a strategic business plan with manager to meet and exceed all revenue goals and targets on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis.
• Develop advertising solutions for new customers that deliver results to their customers.
• Up-sell customers by providing proof of performance and solid results.
• Work target accounts in the pipeline at all times. Replenishes as these accounts emerge.
• Source extra accounts (prospects) in the pipeline at all times. Replenish as these accounts emerge.
• Conduct Needs Analysis and account reviews to uncover the customer's most essential needs.
• Able to demonstrate product knowledge and value to customers.
• Able to explain the benefits of Digital advertising and its integration with TV, in tandem with digital personnel.
• Create and deliver formal presentations to clients/prospects.
• Effectively negotiate with customers to meet a winning return on investment.
• Collaborate with Traffic personnel to provide timely and accurate traffic instructions; conducts account maintenance including make-goods posts, and aging/collections.
• Use CRM (Matrix) to manage day to day activity, build a pipeline and ensure execution.
• Use CRM (Matrix) tool for projections, weekly.
• Bachelor's or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office suite, such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Team player who can produce quality results and work with a variety of internal and external customers.
• Candidate should be creative, flexible, and able to adapt to industry changes.
• Strong organizational skills and must be able to handle multiple projects, prioritize and complete specific tasks on time.
• Dependable transportation. MVR and Drug screening required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7166p-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.