KOZL/KOLR, Springfield, MO, is looking for a producer for its daily, hour-long lifestyle show, OzarksLive. The lifestyle program is segment and interview-based, highlighting community events, local businesses, and the people of the Ozarks. The right candidate will be a creative thinker, who can produce engaging, entertaining and informative content, including client-sponsored content integration. The lifestyle producer collaborates with various departments, including Sales, Community, and Creative Services. This person must be detail-oriented, with the ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects at a time. The producer will also work with KOZL/KOLR-TV's robust digital team to manage OzarksLive website and social media pages. A college degree in broadcasting or related major is preferred with at least 2 years' experience. This is a full-time position. Internal candidates must speak with their manager before applying.
• Produce entertaining and informative show, including paid segments.
• Source, contact and book guests for the show.
• Participate in meetings with the Executive Producer, Sales Department, and/or clients to successfully meet business needs, guide them toward good content decisions and coach them on best practices for TV.
• Pre-interview guests, research topics/guests and provide hosts and staff with research materials.
• Create show and segment graphics and edit video.
• Write digital content, edit clips for the Web site and drive social media engagement with a strong presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned, which may include production of other sponsored local specials.
• Basic editing skills
• Familiarity with ENPS, Premier, and BitCentral
• Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations (Depending on market size)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines, and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Flexibility with shift
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1oj80-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.