KOSA is owned by Gray Television. It is the top-rated, long-time news leader in west Texas and southeastern New Mexico. We pride ourselves in being the dominant player in a highly competitive market where there is never a shortage of news that impacts people on the regional level, throughout the state of Texas and very often on the national stage.
Our team of professionals is committed to sharing the most compelling stories every day…and we know that requires outstanding writers, creative photographers, and an innovative production team. Whether we're following local officers to the nation's capital to remember their fallen brothers; travelling to Marine boot camp to highlight a local man's journey; covering a hometown president (George W. Bush) during his eight years in office; or tracking the latest developments in the oil and gas industry – KOSA is located at the epicenter of some of the most important news stories of our generation.
As the only community in the country with an International Air and Space Port, travel to and from Midland from anywhere in the world (and very soon even out of the world!) is quick and easy. We are also nestled in a picturesque region of Texas, often referred to as a hidden jewel that makes for exciting weekend trips for the outdoors adventurer or the lover of rare or unique art.
Learn more about KOSA at http://www.cbs7.com/
CBS7 News in Odessa/Midland, TX is looking for a Web, Social Media & Newscast Producer/Video Editor to join our team. This is a great entry-level position if you're interested in a career in broadcast journalism or television production.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ability to write conversationally and quickly
• An outstanding can-do attitude
• Willingness to listen, learn new skills and execute
• Have a sense of urgency that causes you to work quickly and efficiently, but with an eye towards details and correct factual information
• An open mind to cross-training and being a ''jack-of-all-trades'' in the newsroom
• Experience with non-linear editing a plus
• In-depth knowledge of Clickability, Facebook and Twitter also a plus
• Must be willing to submit to a background and MVR check
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older to apply
• Ability and willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be available to work all shifts, including early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, late breaking news and weather emergencies
• Available 24 hours/7days per week based on scheduled hours
• Ability to work overnight hours on regular basis
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 high stress work environment
• Multitask, react, solve problems and obtain results under pressures of television production and broadcasts
• Interact with a variety of individuals including management, employees, and outside vendors/consultants
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Act independently
• Display flexibility, creativity, and develop innovative solutions
• Be a team player
• College degree preferred
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0n098-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.