KOMO-TV in Seattle, WA is looking for an experienced social media/audience engagement producer who has worked in a hard news environment who has an innate sense of what works in the social space in order to grow engagement, followers and help drive traffic back to KOMONews.com. Successful candidates are those who eat, breath, sleep and can talk social media across current and emerging platforms Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and any new ones that pop up as well as our linear TV broadcasts. The person will train on-air talent on the ins-and-outs of social media while leveraging industry-wide best practices to increase our online engagement while also growing traffic for our legacy digital domain. We are looking for an idea generator who is a self starter.
• Must be versed in AP style writing but able to switch to a more conversational tone for social media platforms.
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced newsroom and can pivot quickly to create social content that ranges from breaking news, weather, sports and human interest posts.
• Must be a solid writer who can remain calm under pressure while juggling multiple assignments.
• Must be proficient in image creating platforms and video editing software in order to create shareable, snackable social content, including IG/FB reels and YouTube shorts.
• Must have a hearty, healthy appetite for a wide range of news and information that can include the serious, from death and destruction, to pop culture, celebrities, lifestyle and trends.
• Must be comfortable using several content management systems in order to create content on one platform that can then be shared across other social platforms/CMS.
• Must be able to become a proficient user of the Sinclair proprietary CMS in order to create stories/video that can be posted to the site and shared across social platforms.
• Will help implement an evolving newsletter strategy in order to conceive/manage regular newsletters to grow KOMONews.com audience users and other KPI.
• Will regularly and daily create engaging photo galleries that can be shared across platforms.
• Will regularly create text-over-graphic videos and text-over-images that are engaging and will spark a social conversation.
• Will be a social media evangelist who will work with all levels of station management, on-air talent, other station and News Department employees as well as social media counterparts at Sinclair corporate and other sister Sinclair digital properties.
• Will serve as a social media expert, staying on top of current social media trends to ensure our stations content efforts are cutting-edge.
• Will serve as point for any corporate initiatives around social media.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 2-3 years of experience in social media strategy for a daily or week news media organization or digital site.
• Ability to spot trends in social media and prepare to evolve our strategies accordingly.
• Ability to work in a breaking news environment and remain calm and professional while doing so.
• Knowledge of social media advertising campaigns and tools (i.e. Meta Business Suite).
• Knowledge of social media analytics platforms (i.e. CrowdTangle, Social News Desk, Facebook Insights
• A self-starter capable of working independently and exercising sound judgment.
• Detail-oriented with strong project management, organization, and time management skills.
• A passion for teamwork and customer service who can follow direction well but also work independently while managing workflow and projects.
• Able to work across all levels of the station and work in tandem with corporate social media counterparts so our station initiatives are inline with Sinclair expectations.
• A leader who can teach others about social media and encourage non-social users to embrace engagement techniques that work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The base salary compensation range for this role is $60,000 to $69,983.35. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, quarterly and annual incentive plan bonuses, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, 15 paid vacation days, 2 paid personal days, 9 paid holidays, 40 hours of paid sick leave, parental leave, and employee stock purchase plan.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4qe6q-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.