General Manager - KOLD
KOLD TV is a heritage station in Tucson Arizona. KOLD is a CBS affiliate and also carries METV and Circle TV on digital channels. KOLD also produces newscasts for KMSB, the TEGNA owned Fox affiliate in Tucson.
General Manager in Tucson Arizona will lead team in all aspects of local television broadcast, digital news and OTT. Lead sales and marketing efforts of station. Oversee all technology efforts of station. The ideal candidate will have experience as a General Manager in broadcasting with a background in broadcast sales as well. Candidate must also have demonstrated leadership ability to grow both broadcast and digital viewership and customer base while generating bottom line results.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Lead a fully functioning multi-platform media station with a focus on growing revenue and audience
• Be the primary leader in generating ratings and revenue. Develop strategic plans and operational plans for the station's growth in multi-platform content delivery and revenue generation that is in alignment with the local brand
• Lead with positive motivation, direction and insight while holding team accountable for attainment of operational goals
• Encourage innovation across all levels of the organization
• Provide visible leadership both inside the station and the community. Develop strong relationships with key clients and other business partners
• Effectively communicate to department heads and all employees. Create a collaborative, team-based environment
• Provide training and development opportunities to team members
• Responsible for all aspects of financial statements and ensuring station compliance. Responsible for station operating and capital expense budgets
• Enforce all FCC, EEO, SOX and any other appropriate rules and regulations.
• Understand and adhere to company policies, and at all times adhere to the highest ethical standards.
• Work transparently with divisional general manager and other corporate team members to improve multi-platform operations
• Perform other duties as may be assigned
• Four-year degree
• 10+ years media experience, including experience as a GM and/or GSM
• Experience in a top 100 market preferred
• Ability and willingness to become a community leader
• Must pass pre-employment drug testing
• Valid Driver's license and acceptable driving record required
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpx62e-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.