KOIN 6 TV/Portland's CW, a Nexstar Media Group Inc. owned CBS and CW duopoly in Portland, Oregon has an opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer in a top 20 market.
The Maintenance Engineer participates in managing and maintaining all broadcast and technology related equipment within the facility.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Participate in managing and maintaining all broadcast and technology related equipment within the facility
• Understand and assist in compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws
• Help implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the facility.
• Participate in engineering and other technical projects
• Evaluate, select, install, service, and maintain facility broadcast equipment and information technology systems
• Work closely with management and co-workers to ensure company objectives are being met
• Other duties as needed
Requirements & Skills:
• Three (3) years previous broadcast engineering experience
• The ability to terminate broadcast and IT related cables is required
• Experience with Broadcast automation systems, routers, video storage devices, SAN storage, satellite ground stations, and RF preferred
• Strong interpersonal and organization skills
• Ability to identify the development needs of others and coach/mentor others to improve their knowledge and/or skills
• Provide Desktop support
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work extended hours as needed, may include overnight and weekends
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• 'Can Do' attitude, desire to learn new skills consistent with good engineering/IT practices
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Maintenance Engineer must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers. Must have good interpersonal skills in order to work with end-users, other engineers, and other departments.
Work performed primarily in Engineering shop, studio, outside premises, transmitter, and office environment. May be exposed to the following conditions: heat/cold, dust, moving machinery, loud noises, height, confined spaces, electrical equipment. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, early mornings, and holidays.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
To Apply: Please visit the Work for Us page at KOIN.com: https://bit.ly/2NpjYBu or at the Nexstar Website at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to complete the application process. You must apply online to be considered for this position.
Please remember to upload a copy of your resume and a link to your demo reel (if applicable).
ABOUT US: Broadcasting since 1953, KOIN-TV is Portland's CBS affiliate, providing exceptional local news content on air and online (koin.com), CBS Network programming and syndicated entertainment to viewers across Oregon and SW Washington. KOIN News is Watching Out for You with 51 hours of local news broadcasts each week, featuring award-winning, in-depth investigations, news, weather, traffic, KOIN News AM-Extra and Game-On! KOIN-TV is a Nexstar Media Group, Inc. television station serving Oregon and SW Washington from its studios in downtown Portland, OR. Nexstar is the largest local television broadcast and digital media company in the nation with a portfolio of 197 full power owned or serviced stations in 115 markets reaching approximately 63% of US television households. Today, as one of the most powerful and trusted voices in America, Nexstar remains true to its mission to uphold the public interest principles of localism, diversity and trustworthy, unbiased broadcast journalism. At the same time, the company continues to simultaneously raise its commitment to support the evolving needs and interests of the local viewers, hometown businesses and community organizations that it proudly serves each day.
KOIN is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KOIN values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roqj02-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.