Sports Videographer - KNOE
SPORTS VIDEOGRAPHER (P/T) - KNOE
KNOE-TV 8 News is an award-winning television station and news organization located in Monroe, Louisiana, covering northeast Louisiana, Union and Ashley Counties in Arkansas, and Warren and Adams Counties in Mississippi. KNOE-TV is owned by Atlanta-based Gray Television and is a sister station to ABC affiliate KAQY. Our offices and studios are located on Oliver Road in Monroe, and our transmitter is located in the town of Columbia in Caldwell, Parish. Since our first broadcast day on September 27, 1953, KNOE-TV has offered the best news, entertainment, weather, sports, and investigative reporting. Besides providing high-quality programming from both the CBS and ABC television networks, we also offer programs from the CW network. For further information, please visit www.knoe.com.
The photojournalist's responsibility is to gather the necessary raw materials to tell timely relevant stories on a variety of platforms in support of the station brand, focusing on Friday Night Blitz. The employee actively engages in the process of enterprising original content, records the necessary pictures/video and sound to tell stories, edits in a fair and accurate manner. This is a part-time, temporary position.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Is thoroughly trained in the proper use of station video recording equipment, editing
equipment, live equipment, and supplemental equipment. Uses equipment in a professional
manner and is committed to a product that is focused, color-balanced, properly lighted, well-framed, steady, and creative
- Cares for, treats with respect, and assists in the maintenance of all equipment used in the field,
equipment used at the station, station vehicles, and other station equipment/property
Immediately reports malfunctions/damage to immediate supervisor. Accepts financial
responsibility for excessive damage caused to company-owned equipment, up to and including
insurance deductibles and full replacement costs as determined by general manager and
- Is a creative videographer/storyteller who strives to present stories in a unique manner.
He/she seeks out the best subjects for video and sound; edits for clarity, creativity and
professionalism while being committed to the accuracy of the finished product
- The successful candidate will be creative, extremely detail-oriented, and have very strong problem-solving, multi-tasking, and communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude in a fast-paced and dynamic environment under deadline pressure
- Advanced editing skills
- Ability to carry and operate ENG and related gear, and drive station vehicle
- Valid driver's license with good driving record
- Able to work well with a team
- Flexible to work mornings, nights, and weekends
- Able to sit and stand for extended periods. Able to climb and work on ladders and comfortably lift 30 pounds or more
- Computer literacy is a must
- Strong grasp of visual design, grammar, and spelling
- While previous television experience is preferred, it is not required
- Experience with HD video production, Ross Overdrive, Vision switchers, Ross Xpression Graphics, NVerzion Master Control Automation, ENPS, and non-linear editing systems is a definite plus
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, and cover letter
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KNOE-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz2oxn-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.