IT Ops Technician, KMTV
The IT Ops Tech II will support the installation and maintenance of employee equipment and systems including desktop computers, mobile phones, faxes and printers. Configures, installs, maintains and upgrades computer systems hardware and software.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Configures, installs, maintains and upgrades computer systems hardware and software.
• Administers and maintains security of operating systems.
• Restores files or systems by designing, writing and implementing backup procedures.
• Provides operational support for the organization's information systems and peripheral equipment, such as application servers, database servers, web servers, desktops, printers and storage devices.
• Performs recovery procedures, scheduling and backups, and monitors batch processes.
• Assist in racking and connecting new equipment as needed, including running and terminating new cabling
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Associates degree preferred. High school diploma/GED required.
• 1 - 3 years experience
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Experience with basic system administration tools & processes
• Strong computer networking skills and organizational skills.
• Able to conform to high security environment and execute the rules governing the Scripps company security and controls policies.
• Able to work with in stressful situations and multi-task as necessary
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0oke1-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.
The E.W. Scripps Company is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets.