At Gray Television, Inc., we offer employees the opportunity to connect with something larger than ourselves. Each day, our employees work alongside great people on fast-paced exciting and innovative projects that inspire change in the world around us. At Gray-TV, our employees know that growth opportunities are endless and possibilities are all around us.
We understand that life needs balance. That is why we offer our employees and eligible family members a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Safe harbor 401(k) Plan with matching and profit sharing contributions
• Major Medical, dental, and vision plan options
• Employer contributions towards HSA plans
• Flex benefits, including healthcare and dependent care FSA plans
• Employer Paid Life
• Short and Long-term disability
• Voluntary plans, including hospital indemnity, critical illness, whole life and accident insurance
• 10 paid company holidays, plus PTO
• Wellness initiatives and other exciting work-life programs
KKTV is in picturesque Downtown Colorado Springs in Colorado, and with breathtaking views of the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, it's immediately easy to see why people are flocking to colorful Southern Colorado! KKTV 11 News is the Breaking News and Weather Leader in Southern Colorado, and we always put the safety of our viewers first. With more than 65 years of excellence in the community, a multitude of awards including Emmy, Murrow, and Colorado Broadcaster's Association awards, and state-of-the-art technology, being the leader in the community is integral to the culture of KKTV. Our departments work together as a team to serve our community. We are involved with local non-profits like Pikes Peak United Way and Care and Share Food Bank, and we sponsor fun events like the annual Christmas parade and balloon festival. We work hard and we also like to have fun together. Southern Colorado is our home, and we strive every day to make it an even better place to live and work.
Job Summary/Description - Job Pay (Hourly/Salary): $35 - $40 K DOE
KKTV is looking for someone experienced in writing, shooting, editing and meteorology. If you are well rounded in all areas of news this is the perfect for you.
To be successful in this position you will be responsible for:
• Writing, reporting, shooting, editing and doing live shots
• Must be able to shoot and edit
• Work efficiently alone
• Contribute content daily to KKTV.COM and other associated digital products
• Work in various weather conditions
• Able to present a professional image and demonstrate a strong knowledge of forecasting the weather.
• Filling in as needed and assisting the other meteorologists during severe weather and other significant weather events.
• Applicable college degree and at least one-year experience at a broadcast station.
• A clean driving record, proof of insurability, a valid driver's license and ability to pass drug screening.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx5yq-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.