KKCO 11 News is the news leader in the Grand Junction market. The largest city between Salt Lake and Denver, our outdoor recreation and mild climate draw people from across the country here. Our area sees all four seasons and you can ski and golf on the same day during certain parts of the year. Home to the Grand Junction Rockies and a huge summer country music festival, Grand Junction is a perfect community where residents enjoy the best of the outdoors and all the area has to offer. Our station has a history in our communities as being not only the news leader, but a community partner. Our focus on digital allows us to reach far beyond our broadcast signal, to communities in southern Colorado and eastern Utah.
KKCO 11 News is looking for a journalist with a passion for storytelling to join our team. This position requires solid reporting on all types of daily news stories with emphasis on accuracy and quality. The position also requires the ability to cover breaking news. Responsible for daily news photography and video tape editing in addition to publishing to digital platforms.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• A proven track record of finding unique stories
• Ability to deliver information live on television using a 'one man band' set up of camera, and TVU backpack
• Editing video for broadcast
• Engaging with audience on social media platforms
• Shooting video on professional cameras for broadcast
• Posting content to digital platforms, to include the station's site as well as social media
• Appear at station sponsored events and promote station/brand
• Willingness to work weekends/holidays and 'non business' hour shifts
• Other Duties as Assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Great communication and people skills
• Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
• Competitive, energetic and self-starter with a willingness to learn
• Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win
• Professional appearance a must
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must possess a valid Driver's License with a good driving record
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq844m-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.