At Gray Television, Inc., we offer employees the opportunity to connect with something larger than ourselves. Each day, our employees work alongside great people on fast-paced exciting and innovative projects that inspire change in the world around us. At GrayTV, our employees know that growth opportunities are endless and possibilities are all around us.
We understand that life needs balance. That is why we offer our employees and eligible family members a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Safe harbor 401(k) Plan with matching and profit sharing contributions
• Major Medical, dental, and vision plan options
• Employer contributions towards HSA plans
• Flex benefits, including healthcare and dependent care FSA plans
• Employer Paid Life
• Short and Long-term disability
• Voluntary plans, including hospital indemnity, critical illness, whole life and accident insurance
• 10 paid company holidays, plus PTO
• Wellness initiatives and other exciting work-life programs
KKCO 11 News is the news leader in the Grand Junction market. The largest city between Salt Lake and Denver, our outdoor recreation and mild climate draw people from across the country here. Our area sees all four seasons and you can ski and golf on the same day during certain parts of the year. Home to the Grand Junction Rockies and a huge summer country music festival, Grand Junction is a perfect community where residents enjoy the best of the outdoors and all the area has to offer. Our station has a history in our communities as being not only the news leader, but a community partner. Our focus on digital allows us to reach far beyond our broadcast signal, to communities in southern Colorado and eastern Utah.
KKCO/KJCT, the dominant station in western Colorado, is looking for a dynamic Chief Meteorologist to lead our weather team. The ideal candidate must be a great communicator with a passion for meteorology, a master of social media, and focus on lifestyle forecasts. The successful candidate must be organized, motivated and create great content for all platforms.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Be a great communicator on air, online, and in-person
• Be fluent in the latest weather technology
• Be a passionate, accurate forecaster
Job pays $45,000 - $50,000 per year
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and work well with a diverse station staff
• Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Meteorology
• Prior on-air meteorology experience
• Must be willing to work flexible shifts, and be on call when necessary
• Valid driver's license and good driving record
• Pre-employment drug screen is required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rox1w2-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.