Director - KJRH
The E.W. Scripps Company is hiring for a Director II at KJRH. They will work in all areas of television production. Technical direct fast paced, complex newscasts and other local programming. Assist in completion of pre-production for newscasts.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Oversee the set-up, dismantling and operations of equipment including camera, audio, video and lighting.
• Ensure smooth operation of technical equipment and services during broadcast.
• Troubleshoot technical problems during production or broadcast.
• Direct assigned newscasts, which include ''switching'' newscasts and other productions, completing the pre-production for all newscasts and checking all sources prior to air.
• Monitor the status of all live shots and content prior to a live newscast.
• Work closely with news department, directors, producers, and promotions to ensure that the desired on-air look is attained.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Associates degree in related discipline or equivalent years of experience preferred
• Specialized training/certification may be required
• Generally, 2+ years of experience in related field preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Working knowledge of television station production equipment
• Must be familiar with all aspects of television production including audio, switching, digital effects, camera operation and shot composition, lighting, and character generators
• Good working knowledge of computers
• Ability to handle multiple priorities under extreme time constraints with poise and skill
• Solid leadership skills
• Excellent knowledge of proper composition, grammar and spelling
• Must have excellent communication skills; ability to give directions in a clear, efficient manner
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Capable of working well with commercial clients while adding a creative look to commercial spots
• Must be familiar with all aspects of television production, lighting, character generators, and news automation
• Must be a team player
• Ability to perform constant viewing of multiple video and computer monitors
• Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8xw7k-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.