- Part Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionDigital Content Producer, KIVI
Digital Content Producer (Part-Time), KIVI
KIVI-TV, the Scripps ABC Station in Boise, ID is looking for a Part-Time Digital Content Producer. The Digital Content Producer organizes, writes scripts and updates content on digital platforms with a primary focus on local websites, mobile apps, and social media platforms. They are responsible for creating compelling content that is aligned with and enhances the station's and/or Scripps brand. The Digital Content Producer will also produce newscasts.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Writes and edits content including headlines, short news alerts and teases, enhancing content with outside links, maps, slideshows.
• Publishes and manages content on multiple digital platforms, including the station's local website, mobile and social networks using current production and web-delivery tools.
• Produces digital video when assigned
• Assist in online coverage of major news event, breaking news and severe weather to ensure high quality consistent community coverage online.
• Build out special sections and site features to enhance coverage and increase user engagement.
• Co-produces weekend newscasts and acts as fill-in newscast producer as needed
• Helps turn enterprise digital story content into broadcast copy
• Assists with updating and adding information for future story assignments
• Updates and interacts with fans/followers on social media.
• Anchor/host content for digital platforms as assigned
• Coordinate with editorial and technical staff to facilitate the migration of multimedia content to new media platforms, including video, audio, still photos and graphics.
• Work with other departments, including sales and marketing, as needed on site and/or station initiatives that require content integration.
• Optimizes the user experience by tracking live web metrics and user experience best practices.
• Applies SEO best practices to every piece of content.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• BS/BA in related discipline or commensurate experience.
• Generally 2-5 years of experience in related field preferred.
• Experience with Content Management Systems, HTML, Audio Editing, Image Editing, CSS and Social Networking preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Must have a strong desire to focus on web-based content.
• Must have basic HTML formatting skills and knowledge of how to FTP/publish web content.
• Must be creative, have good people skills and be able to handle deadline pressure and need to multi-task.
• Must have strong newspaper-style writing, editing and headline skills.
• Must have knowledge and experience with still-image photography using digital cameras/hand held video cameras.
• Must have working knowledge of how to use and update social media platforms.
• Must have photo editing skills with ability to manipulate, crop, enhance images as needed for publishing on website.
• Basic video editing skills a plus.
If you are a current Scripps employee, please do not apply on this site. Please access our internal career site at Worklife > My Info > View Open Positions at Scripps.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqx05m-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
The E.W. Scripps Company is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets.