TECHNICAL MEDIA PROD. (PRIMARY) - KHNL
KGMB (CBS) KHNL (NBC) and K5 collectively make up Hawaii News Now, the state's dominant multimedia news organization with the largest digital news footprint in the islands. HNN's parent company is Gray TV, a leading digital media and broadcasting company.
Located in beautiful Honolulu, Hawaii, Hawaii News Now also provides diverse sub-channels such as Telemundo, Antenna TV, Grit TV, This TV, Escape and Bounce TV.
Hawaii News Now is seeking a full-time Technical Media Producer to direct live newscasts, run Master Control, monitor on-air signals, transmitter, FCC logs, and ingest daily programming and commercial content.
Regular assignments will involve coding and directing newscasts and running Master Control. The ideal candidate will be an excellent problem solver, possess strong leadership and organizational skills, and be able to perform well under pressure in a fast-paced, highly driven work environment.
We are seeking a team player who communicates well with coworkers. If you are someone with a television technical background and you enjoy a fast-paced live television environment, this position may be a perfect fit for you.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Code and direct live and pre-recorded newscasts and local programming
- Running Master Control programming, ingest commercial and program content
- Monitor On-Air signals, transmitter readings, and other FCC duties assigned
- Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, vacation coverage, etc.
- Work with news producers and team to prepare for local productions
- Other duties as Assigned
Requires skill with Ross Overdrive automation, Ross production video switcher, VizRT graphics system, Evertz Master Control switching, Harris automation, Edius editing software, and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control. this would include the ability to use, camera remotes, prompter, Calrec audio board, commercial and promo ingesting through telestream factories, and desktop editing.
Other requested requirements:
- The candidate must possess strong communication and people skills
- Knowledgeable at operating PCs and automation software
- Prior television production and Master Control experience
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure
- Candidates must be willing to work any shift including weekends and or holidays
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KHNL-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6vyp9-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.