Hawaii News Now, (KGMB/CBS)-(KHNL/NBC)-(KFVE/IND) the state of Hawaii's dominant multimedia news organization has an immediate opening for an experienced Chief Engineer to be an integral part of our winning team! This person will report to the General Manager and is expected to lead a highly skilled team of engineers and computer specialists responsible for supporting and troubleshooting all aspects of our technical operations. We are seeking a strong, visionary, and accomplished leader who must be a team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Our candidate will be required to be forward thinking, and highly adept at dealing with the rapidly evolving digital marketplace. This person must also be able to work well with their fellow employees at all skill levels, and capable of developing strong relationships with clients, vendors and multiple broadcast and digital teams. Hawaii News Now produces more than 41 hours of local news each week utilizing multiple on-air and digital platforms and operates 11 different broadcast signals simultaneously out of its Broadcast Operations Center. Our entire enterprise and all our employees are dedicated professionals committed to serving the people of Hawaii with the very best in local news and entertainment.
This is an extraordinary career opportunity for a well-seasoned and experienced individual who seeks professional growth and an exciting future in the telecommunications industry.
A Chief Engineer who will lead and manage a staff of Engineers and IT professionals. Overall job description is to maintain the stations broadcast technology, facilities, and all equipment. In addition, ensure all stations follow FCC standards and guidelines.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Repair and troubleshoot technical equipment and systems
• Responsible for station Engineering budget and project budgets
• Able to work with other Department Heads well in planning and executing station projects
• Integration, maintenance and operation of new and existing equipment including towers, transmitters, microwave and satellite gear and tenant installations on 3 different islands.
• Manage all engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post editing systems, field production support and transmission of live/taped events & programs
• Have expert knowledge regarding equipment, technology, and systems and be able to step in and assist in emergency situations
• Oversight and maintenance of all station physical assets including buildings and grounds
• Oversight of all broadcast and IT systems
• Understanding and compliance of EAS standards and practices
• Setup remote broadcasts on location
• Perform other tasks as assigned
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvkn9n-18-234-244-170-42 in your application.