KGNS TV's market dominance begins with a prime offering of NBC, CBS, ABC, CW and Telemundo affiliations; and a delivery daily newscasts across multiple broadcasts and digital streams including desktop and mobile. KGNS TV, the areas' leading news broadcaster is located in the Laredo, Texas Metropolitan area and serves a combined population of over 790,000 (seven hundred ninety thousand) on the South Texas and US/Mexico border. The area consisting of Webb, Zapata, Dimmit, LaSalle, Maverick, Zavala, Frio, Duval and Jim Hogg counties; and Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, Mexico is geographically poised for success between two nations. A thriving and dynamic area for all things news, the Laredo Metro area houses a diverse economy that is often immune to economic anomalies experienced by the rest of the country. Touted the number 1 (one) inland port on the US/Mexico border and diverse in her economy, whether it be ranching, agriculture, international trade, healthcare, education, retail, manufacturing or oil/gas, Laredo and our sister cities offer a wide range of industries to foster a consistently healthy economy. Laredo's population is a diverse blend of ethnicities with a median age of 27 (twenty seven). Her young and vibrant energy lends itself to a history that offers entertainment, a wide array of eateries and a cultural immersion in a unique experience that can only be held by the romance of this US / Mexico border culture. A home to many successful broadcasters, KGNS TV has a reputation of preparing reporters, producers, and anchors for their next move, which includes moves to larger metro markets. On the sales and marketing side, training integrated marketing techniques is one of the reasons our team continues to thrive. The KGNS TV family is one where integrity, ethics, and personal growth are fostered. After all, it's always sunny in Laredo, Texas.
KGNS has an immediate opening for a Part-Time Production Assistant. The Production Assistant will work in KGNS's state-of-the-art control center and will be responsible for pre-recorded productions, as well as processing content for 5 television stations and KGNS-TV.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Assist with live and pre-recorded productions for KGNS, and KGNS.tv
• Work with other departments including KGNS's newsroom to coordinate and produce top-rated television and digital programs
• Regular care and maintenance of equipment and studio
• Work closely with other departments to meet daily demands as necessary
• Operation of studio teleprompter
• Monitor on-air signals for KGNS/KYLX and ingest daily programming and commercials
• Responsible for gathering satellite feeds for broadcast use
• Operate iTX automation and supporting equipment in KGNS control center
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous television production and/or master control experience is preferred
• Team player with professional attitude and strong communication skills
• Must have great attention to detail
• Ability to multitask under time-sensitive deadlines
• Strong technical and computing skills
• Experience with iTX automation is a significant plus
• This position requires the flexibility to work overnights, mornings, nights, weekends and changing schedules. A valid driver's license is required, as is regular and reasonable work attendance.
• Employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug screen and driving record check.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1719-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.