KGNS TV's market dominance begins with a prime offering of NBC, CBS, ABC, CW and Telemundo affiliations; and a delivery daily newscasts across multiple broadcasts and digital streams including desktop and mobile. KGNS TV, the areas' leading news broadcaster is located in the Laredo, Texas Metropolitan area and serves a combined population of over 790,000 (seven hundred ninety thousand) on the South Texas and US/Mexico border. The area consisting of Webb, Zapata, Dimmit, LaSalle, Maverick, Zavala, Frio, Duval and Jim Hogg counties; and Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, Mexico is geographically poised for success between two nations. A thriving and dynamic area for all things news, the Laredo Metro area houses a diverse economy that is often immune to economic anomalies experienced by the rest of the country. Touted the number 1 (one) inland port on the US/Mexico border and diverse in her economy, whether it be ranching, agriculture, international trade, healthcare, education, retail, manufacturing or oil/gas, Laredo and our sister cities offer a wide range of industries to foster a consistently healthy economy. Laredo's population is a diverse blend of ethnicities with a median age of 27 (twenty seven). Her young and vibrant energy lends itself to a history that offers entertainment, a wide array of eateries and a cultural immersion in a unique experience that can only be held by the romance of this US / Mexico border culture.
A home to many successful broadcasters, KGNS TV has a reputation of preparing reporters, producers, and anchors for their next move, which includes moves to larger metro markets. On the sales and marketing side, training integrated marketing techniques is one of the reasons our team continues to thrive. The KGNS TV family is one where integrity, ethics, and personal growth are fostered. After all, it's always sunny in Laredo, Texas.
KGNS is seeking a creative Marketing Producer to write, shoot and edit news promos and commercials. The ideal candidate is a passionate storyteller that can create engaging content for broadcast and KGNS' digital platforms. If you are that person and have a reel to prove it, we want to hear from you.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Writer/Producer is responsible for conceptualizing, writing, producing, and editing commercials, station promotion, public service announcements, and long-form productions, for multiple media, including broadcast and digital.
- Ability to successfully perform in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Keen eye on industry trends to generate new ideas and opportunities for the station.
- Experience in directing, commercial production and station promotions.
- Strong communication, organizational skills and script writing.
- Assist with station sponsored events.
- FAA Drone Certification a plus.
- Bilingual English/Spanish – Preferred
- With Marketing director, create and maintain a consistent, effective visual brand for station, news content presentation, and marketing applications.
- Record and edit video and shoot photos.
- Write marketing and advertising copy for scripts and social media posts.
- knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro, and related 2D or 3D graphics and editing software and plugins.
- Strong understanding of visual marketing and advertising philosophy and techniques.
- Knowledge of VIZRT graphic software, or ability to learn.
- Highly creative and self-motivated.
- Meet with clients and sales executives to determine the needs of a client, business, or organization and collaborate to create marketing solutions.
- Help plan and staff station and community events.
- Proficient videography and lighting skills.
- Able to transport oneself with company vehicle to client meetings and on location shoots.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record (will be reviewed).
- Pre-employment drug screening and random drug testing is possible throughout employment.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk8j4-3-87-33-97-42 in your application.