KGNS TV's market dominance begins with a prime offering of NBC, CBS, ABC, CW and Telemundo affiliations; and a delivery daily newscasts across multiple broadcasts and digital streams including desktop and mobile. KGNS TV, the areas' leading news broadcaster is located in the Laredo, Texas Metropolitan area and serves a combined population of over 790,000 (seven hundred ninety thousand) on the South Texas and US/Mexico border. The area consisting of Webb, Zapata, Dimmit, LaSalle, Maverick, Zavala, Frio, Duval and Jim Hogg counties; and Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, Mexico is geographically poised for success between two nations. A thriving and dynamic area for all things news, the Laredo Metro area houses a diverse economy that is often immune to economic anomalies experienced by the rest of the country. Touted the number 1 (one) inland port on the US/Mexico border and diverse in her economy, whether it be ranching, agriculture, international trade, healthcare, education, retail, manufacturing or oil/gas, Laredo and our sister cities offer a wide range of industries to foster a consistently healthy economy. Laredo's population is a diverse blend of ethnicities with a median age of 27 (twenty seven). Her young and vibrant energy lends itself to a history that offers entertainment, a wide array of eateries and a cultural immersion in a unique experience that can only be held by the romance of this US / Mexico border culture.
A home to many successful broadcasters, KGNS TV has a reputation of preparing reporters, producers, and anchors for their next move, which includes moves to larger metro markets. On the sales and marketing side, training integrated marketing techniques is one of the reasons our team continues to thrive. The KGNS TV family is one where integrity, ethics, and personal growth are fostered. After all, it's always sunny in Laredo, Texas.
• Installation, maintenance and repair of individual computer components-HD, NIC, MB.
• Must be self-motivated and able to monitor and evaluate audio & video content.
• May need to work some nights and weekends.
• Install Operating system and other software, virus removal and clean-up.
• Network cable installations and creation.
• Position requires daily contact with engineering, production and news departments.
• Assist Chief Engineer as needed
- Must be good manuals reader.
- Component levels repairs is a plus.
- A background in video, audio and IT components, installation and repair.
- Good working knowledge of computers, electronics & networking skills.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Pre-employment drug screening.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rboz5x-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.