Editor / Videographer / Graphic Designer - KGNS
KGNS TV's market dominance begins with a prime offering of NBC, CBS, ABC, CW, and Telemundo affiliations; and a delivery daily newscasts across multiple broadcasts and digital streams including desktop and mobile. KGNS TV, the areas' leading news broadcaster is located in the Laredo, Texas Metropolitan area and serves a combined population of over 790,000 (seven hundred ninety thousand) on the South Texas and US/Mexico border. The area consisting of Webb, Zapata, Dimmit, LaSalle, Maverick, Zavala, Frio, Duval, and Jim Hogg counties; and Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, Mexico is geographically poised for success between two nations. A thriving and dynamic area for all things news, the Laredo Metro area houses a diverse economy that is often immune to economic anomalies experienced by the rest of the country. Touted the number 1 (one) inland port on the US/Mexico border and diverse in her economy, whether it be ranching, agriculture, international trade, healthcare, education, retail, manufacturing, or oil/gas, Laredo and our sister cities offer a wide range of industries to foster a consistently healthy economy.
Laredo's population is a diverse blend of ethnicities with a median age of 27 (twenty-seven). Her young and vibrant energy lends itself to a history that offers entertainment, a wide array of eateries, and a cultural immersion in a unique experience that can only be held by the romance of this US / Mexico border culture. Home to many successful broadcasters, KGNS TV has a reputation for preparing reporters, producers, and anchors for their next move, which includes moves to larger metro markets. On the sales and marketing side, training in integrated marketing techniques is one of the reasons our team continues to thrive. The KGNS TV family is one where integrity, ethics, and personal growth are fostered. After all, it's always sunny in Laredo, Texas.
As a Creative Editor/Videographer/Graphic Designer, you will play a crucial role in the production process, bringing together various elements to create compelling and seamless content for broadcast. You will be responsible for shooting video content, developing storyboards, creating artwork/effects, and producing a wide range of media for various marketing materials and campaigns. Your expertise in editing software, attention to detail, and artistic sensibility will help transform raw footage into polished, captivating stories that resonate with our viewers. You will work closely with our sales and news teams to ensure the final product meets our high standards of quality and aligns with the station's vision and brand.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Operate video equipment, including cameras, lenses, tripods, gimbals, and other accessories.
- Plan and execute video shoots, ensuring proper camera setup, framing, and lighting to capture a wide range of shots, including interviews, b-roll, events, and scenic footage.
- Edit raw footage to create cohesive and visually appealing content for broadcast.
- Design a wide range of graphics, including on-screen visuals, lower thirds, logos, promotional materials, and social media assets.
- Collaborate with sales managers, directors, and other team members to understand project objectives and expectations to ensure that the video content is aligned with their/our overall marketing strategy and objectives.
- Provide input and suggestions during editing/shooting sessions to enhance the overall quality of the content.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and editing techniques to continually improve skills and contribute innovative ideas
- Create visually appealing videos that align with our brand identity and effectively communicate our message to our target audience.
- Bachelor's degree in Film, Video Production, Broadcasting, or a related field (or equivalent experience) preferred.)
- Proven experience as a professional videographer/video editor, preferably in a broadcast or media production environment.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other graphic design software for the creative development of brand elements.
- Creative flair and artistic vision, with the ability to tell a compelling story through visual editing.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with team members.
- Experience in creating designs for video and digital platforms, including social media, websites, and email campaigns.
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your cover letter, resume, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KGNS-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6joqq-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.