News Anchor - Investigative Reporter
KGET seeks an energetic and enthusiastic F/T Host for a new, Monday-Friday LIVE half hour show.
Host will work with show producer to deliver content and create entertaining television. Candidate will be energetic and self-motivated, with demonstrated writing abilities and interviewing skills, must be organized, creative, flexible and able to think on their feet. Prior broadcast hosting experience a must. Knowledge of and passion for sales a plus! The Hosts will also be responsible for Digital and Social Media content related to the show. The ability to work well with Sales, Production, Creative Services and Engineering is a must. Also, a flexible schedule is key with a clean driving record.
• Candidates must be a strong field reporter with excellent live abilities. Needs to perform duties and make decisions under extreme pressure.
• Must be an effective writer with good organizational skills.
• Must have experience in researching through the internet, must have experience working with a computer based news system.
• Must be able to accept and make changes based on constructive direction and criticism designed to enhance the individual's performance.
• Must have demonstrated understanding the legal implications of covering the news and/or local stories and report in a responsible manner.
• Must be capable of interacting positively and productively with other employees and people in the community.
• Business/Journalism College degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects to isolate pertinent facts and details
• Determines a story's emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories to be able to provide complete and accurate information
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas
• Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions
• Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements
• Shoots and edits
• Produces and presents reports for all platforms
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.