TECHNICAL MEDIA PRODUCER (PRIMARY) - KFYR
With over 36 hours of news on our channels each week, KFYR-TV and West Dakota FOX are truly Western North Dakota's news leaders. Our viewers have come to depend on our news team to be quick, and fair and accurate… from the first tweet and post, to the nightly wrap-up and anchor explainer, you'll get all the news… and perhaps most important in a state where weather can kill you… an accurate and up-to-the-minute forecast. If you love the outdoors, you can't beat North Dakota for boating, fishing (in all seasons), and hunting. We have more golf courses… some of them world class… per capita than any other state. And in the winter, those same courses are perfect for cross country skiers and snowboarders.
Technical Media Producer (TMP) at KFYR acts as a ''Super-User'' in regards to Ross Overdrive (including Graphics, Cambotic's, Audio and Video Switching), Digital Media Servers and Control Room Operations. The TMP Directs Newscasts, Special Programs, Breaking News, Live Sports and Severe Weather, while also providing QC support to Network and Local programming.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Direct / Technical Direct live or pre-recorded productions (studio or remote).
• Direct/TD during breaking news and severe weather coverage.
• Ensure consistent on-air ''look'' with minimal error.
• Proficient operation and knowledge of Overdrive, production switcher and supporting equipment.
• Ability to operate between multiple control rooms with no change in overall performance, and proper effective communication within the TMP team.
• Proper and effective communication with Newsroom personnel with ability to handle changing situations.
• All Master Control needs including media management, automation playout and quality-control.
• Proficient operation and knowledge of Master Control operation and supporting equipment, including but not limited to, routers, automation, multichannel, digital servers, programming and spot ingest, ftp downloads, FCC requirements, closed captioning, EAS tests, Amber Alerts, transmitter and tower light requirements, News Live Shot and TVU set-up, Severe Weather Alerts and coverage, and breaking news coverage.
• Understanding and ability to implement back-up systems and workflow when needed.
• Assist in production schedules, reports, and projects as assigned.
• Ability to adhere to all FCC procedures and requirements,
• Other duties as assigned
• Ability to perform the job requirements as described
• Strong computer, editing and video skills
• Ability to complete regular duties within regular work shifts/days/weeks without compromising quality
• Maintain a permanent residence within 30 minutes of station
• Valid driver's license and good driving record (may be reviewed)
• Successful completion of drug testing (and company driving test if necessary).
• Good or corrected hearing and vision
• Reasonable physical mobility to get around station and town
• Ability to work in potentially stressful conditions, including breaking news and ''live'' coverage situations
• Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods
• Ability to lift, move, and set-up & operate professional broadcast equipment up to a maximum of 40 lbs.
• Flexibility to work schedule that may include morning, evening, weekend, Holiday and/or overnight assignments
• Reasonable and regular attendance is required
Come join our dynamic news team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzp2mq-3-92-28-52-42 in your application.